Sexiest Jeep Ever??

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hmmmm... this has me thinking - might be interesting to do something with JKU Safari Cab parts...forgive the crude photo edit:

GladiatorCap_zpsyhm0ljph.jpg

With some adaptation many of the existing parts could probably be used.

PartsSet1_zpst81f1jrw.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
This is what the FJ Cruiser should’ve been.
View attachment 499352

The FJ “Cruiser” was the biggest missed opportunity in Toyota history. It could have been so cool, but instead you got ugly, with a side order of impractical and poor visibility thrown in as a bonus. I’ve heard a rumour from someone I know in management at Toyota that there may be a replacement for the FJ Loser in the works, but I won’t hold my breath. They already make good “nostalgic yet capable” Land Cruisers (70 series) they just need to bring them here!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Solid Dana 44 axles, front and rear lockers, diesel option, removable top, doors and fold down windshield with factory mud tires as an option... I think I’m sold.
I know! I'm anxiously waiting for pricing to be announced. The biggest thing for me is if I can find a light enough trailer to accommodate our family so the Gladiator can tow it.

Thinking sport model with the gas pot and auto. I believe that gets you the 7,650 tow rating. I was looking at a Coleman 215BH trailer with a dry weight of 4,500lbs. Thinking wet weight plus cargo and a couple people..... I dunno. That trailer might be too close for comfort...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
How many of those “Safari” tops do you make? Are they a made to order item?
The JKU/JK Safari Cab hardtop is not currently a commercial product. I just mold the parts as I have a need to, for example I molded a rear barn door a few weeks ago for a friend's JKU/Ursa Minor. The LJ/TJ version of the Safari Cab has been on the market for a few years, it's manufactured and marketed by Gr8Tops.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’ve heard a rumour from someone I know in management at Toyota that there may be a replacement for the FJ Loser in the works, but I won’t hold my breath.

Just saw this on my local Toyota 4x4 FB page. It was spotted at the Chicago Auto Show and posted today. All I can say is “please, NOOOOOOOO!!!!”0BF22057-7429-4DBC-A7C6-6E7CB6578F62.jpeg

elminero67

I agree with most everything in this thread except the heading...I still think the originally Willy's wagon is the sexiest Jeep ever made.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
That TJ Cruiser looks exactly like the parking lot at panera bread.

Some hardcore wheeling and camping there.

Bobs85Reny

View attachment 499358

Any info on it? a link?

That was a concept drawing I did on the Gladiator forum.
Here is the original link.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...opy-possibilities-for-gladiator-show-me.8707/

I always loved Jeff's Safari cab and I really love the new Gladiator. That would be the jeep I would love to have. I designed it as a modular system so the rack would be 2 pieces and have it convert from full to half cab

Here is the half cab option too. I also thought a camper design would be cool as well as a wagoneer top.

Attachments

• GladiatorCamper.jpg
    GladiatorCamper.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 87
  • gladrack_HalfRack.jpg
    gladrack_HalfRack.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 93
  • GladWag1.jpg
    GladWag1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 87

Forum statistics

Threads