SF Bay Area FS: Edgestar 43qt Fridge SOLD

Ronct110

Adventurer
Update Sept 2010: SOLD

My Edgestar 43qt fridge is for sale; used but excellent working condition. Bought it brand new directly from Compact Appliance - not open box or prev repaired.

Retails for $581. Best deal right now (as of 09/15) brand new is $493.85 w/free shipping: http://www.compactappliance.com/FP4...lt,pd.html?cgid=Outdoor_Living-Travel_Coolers

You can try and get an open box/prev repaired for $349 but no free shipping; and it's like the unicorn - good luck finding one @ this price on the Compact Appliance (smile).

Anyways, local buyer SF Bay Area prefered $349 includes a 2 cases or 24 bottles of Pacifico (see pic). Ice cold waiting for you. :beer:

This fridge is a great value; goes down to 0F in about 1 hr right after plugging it in, and I like the Fast Freeze button which brings the temp to water freezing temp 22F quickly.

Also if it's more convenient for you, I will be attending the Overland Rally in Hollister, and can delivered it to you in person during the event.

PM if interested.

Attachments

• DSC_0718.JPG
    DSC_0718.JPG
    451.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
Bought it directly from Compact Appliance last week of Jan/1st week of Feb this year, and arrived brand new/boxed up two weeks later in Feb.

Ronct110

Adventurer
360 View Photos

Add'l 360 View photos of the Fridge for inq minds/show condition of fridge

Pic 1 - Top View

Pic 2 - Front View

Pic 3 - Front View; even the orig manufac clear protective tape is still on the fridge logo

...3 more in the next post. Looks like I can only upload 3 photos at a time.

Attachments

• 1 Top View.JPG
    1 Top View.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 2 Front View.JPG
    2 Front View.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 3 Front View Logo Closeup.JPG
    3 Front View Logo Closeup.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
3 More Pics: 360 Views

Pic 4 - Side View of the Controls.

Pic 5 - I keep it @ 38F; efficient temp IMO to keep the beer & food cold; you can bring it down to 0F or even further -8F for other use. It has a FF or fast freeze button to quickly bring down temp to 22F (water freezing temp).

Pic 6 - Back View. Comes with AC for home, and DC for auto power cords.

... two more photos coming in the next post.

Attachments

• 6 Back View.JPG
    6 Back View.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 5 Side View Controls Closeup.JPG
    5 Side View Controls Closeup.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 4 Side View Controls.JPG
    4 Side View Controls.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
Pic 7 - And the other side.

Pic 8 - Last shot. When the fridge is in use, I strap it down well to the floor (carpeted) in my Land Rover DII. Served me and my family well.

Time to sell; I just brought a new ARB 50qt fridge.

Attachments

• 7 Other Side View.JPG
    7 Other Side View.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 71
  • When in Use.JPG
    When in Use.JPG
    387.3 KB · Views: 94

Ronct110

Adventurer
All PMs answered.

I live near Berkeley if anyone wants to schedule and see the fridge near or in this city.

I can also be @ Mexxis in San Ramon to show it - my 2nd home (since I love all their dishes): http://mexxis.com/; Shameless :) plug for my two Land Rover wheeling buddies/friends who owns this restaurant - great food, great atmosphere and family run business.

And will be @ the Overland Rally Hollister CA Sat/Sun as mentioned and can bring the fridge.

I have a buyer in S. Cal and we agreed that if I find a local buyer first in N. Cal would be better otherwise might be able to meet this guy half-way in my next 4wheeling trip.

Thanks!

Ron

Ronct110

Adventurer
I'll take it Ron.
PM sent.

All PMs answered.

GrassCat, got your VM, and your PM. First one to seal the deal locally.

Pending sale folks to GrassCat.

Fridge is full of cold beers; instruction and AC/DC cords packed, and ready for delivery tomorrow @ the Overland Rally Hollister CA.

Forecast tomorrow @ Hollister is mostly sunny highs in 75s; cold beer looks good right about now; will have it plugged in my truck all day and fridge for inspection tomorrow. CB 4 if you want to get a hold of me. Cell reception works also in Area 5 - I use Verizon.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 57

jrose609

Explorer
Ron, did you sell it?

I have the same fridge, but mine has never even been used.

I would like to go the same way as you and get an ARB so may be interested in sellin mine too.

Ronct110

Adventurer
Hey Jason, sorry for the delayed response. I was out of pocket and was @ the Overland Rally in Hollister CA. Yes, fridge is sold.

For your Edgestar, I'd start a new thread and post it for sale. For the price, it's a good fridge for wknd use camping and roadtrips; I am sure someone here is always look for a good deal.

I would have kept mine, but was presented with a good opp to buy an ARB Fridge. My wife and I are starting to save up funds, and collect the gears we need for our first family international car trip w/our young kids starting; 2 weeks down to Baja going by the Sea of Cortez side and all the day down to La Paz.

Carlos, one of the guys who went with me and a group of Land Rovers on the Oregon trail, will be leading the trip. Will be family/kids friendly trip for sure with frequent stop both nature watching and nature calling :). You should come and join us.

Will see how our kids do on that trip, and whos; maybe pick-up the plans to Chile again; came apart when this economy tanked.

Catch up with you later!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Ron

it was great to meet you this weekend - sorry I did not have much time to chat.
Thanks again for coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior