Shiftpod tent

blackwood

Adventurer
At 6 feet long and 60 pounds in weight when stowed away, I don't think those glampers they are marketing to will have the vehicle to carry this beast. I've never seen someone bring an oriental rug camping like they've shown in their video either :)

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Doubt they would be fun in anything but ideal weather conditions - no rain fly or vestible / awning roofs...

blackwood

Adventurer
I have on of the clam screen tents. Supper easy to put up and take down. Its is the same as the tent you are showing with the exception as it has no floor and screen walls. I have side panels you could put on it that are optional.

Is that a shower tent in your back yard? Did you live in a tent during a remodel or something?

ikk

Adventurer
Lol, yes it's a shower tent. No we were cleaning and checking everything before the start of the camping season.

robgendreau

Explorer
These look just like the Outback Oven I have. Or maybe a giant tea cozy. And probably just as hot. No wonder everyone in the intro video is outside. If I'm gonna pay $900 for a tent I'd like some windows and ventilation, especially if they are waterproof.

But a small one in that material would make a nifty sauna.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
These look just like the Outback Oven I have. Or maybe a giant tea cozy. And probably just as hot. No wonder everyone in the intro video is outside. If I'm gonna pay $900 for a tent I'd like some windows and ventilation, especially if they are waterproof.

But a small one in that material would make a nifty sauna.

And I was wondering if they offer matching tin foil hats...

OCD Overland

Explorer
It actually looks pretty neat for a winter tent. The Clam versions are made for ice fishing and they can withstand a good wind, so if these are built to a similar standard, they should be pretty sturdy. I like a lot of the accessories they make - the tent stakes and guy lines look quality. Looks like an easy setup, too.

But yeah, it's heavy, and bulky, too. And crazy expensive, considering a Clam is half the price and identical save for the floor. And like the rest of you guys, I can't figure out why they didn't make larger windows or make some sort of overhang for the door. I also wonder about the zip-out floor. The idea is cool, but is the zipper right on the ground? That's either going to leak like a sieve or get immediately filled with dirt and sand, or both. I also see that they lack any stays for the struts to keep them in place. Even in their photo shots, they're sideways. Not sure I'd trust this in the wind as much as a Clam.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94