shocks for a burb?

firesq14

Observer
99 burb(soon to have pic up) i have 6yrs old ranchos... dead. what would be the best replacement? i have been leaning to blistien. 2.5 lift to the front and 3 in the rear. what are your thoughts?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I want to do the same with my truck...Im thinking of Bilsteins also. I have heard way to many good reviews to not get them.

D

firesq14

Observer
as i have said, i probably will go with bilstien, buuuuut has anyone seen or reviewed these?

Rough Country Nitro N2.0 Series Shock Absorber

firesq14

Observer
so have looked into shocks, bilstiens is now my choice. HOWEVER.... bilstien dose not list a shock for a 2-3 front lift all that is listed is for a 4-6 front lift. would that be fine to use? KYB lists for the 2-3 but do i want to run front KYB and rear bilstien? i am thinking no.

dddonkey

Adventurer
Bilstiens 5100s best deal for the money. I would call them and ask about the shock you want, they may not have them listed.

firesq14

Observer
i did call and they do not list a shock for the front below 4-6 lift. they had said that the shock travels 1-3 inches so it maybe close. but my though it it my be to compressed

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I didn't think a level kit for a burb changes the suspension travel. I thought it just added preload to the front spring for higher ride ht. Travel is the same, you're just topped out a little more.
-
If the truck can swing more downtravel safely, then also look towards other monotube shocks.
-
Bilstien 5160's?
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/bilstein_5160.cfm

verdesardog

Explorer
AS for a review of bilstien 5100's I just installed them on my CTD Ram. I like them very much, firm but not harsh. They keep the tires on the ground very well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior