SHoll's Silverado Build

SHoll

In the process of building a sleeping platform. Nothing impressive, but simple and will do the job. This is my first one. I'm nearly done, just gonna carpet the edge facing the tailgate. Then I need to add Reflectix to the windows and load the truck down and see where everything will go. Probably just gonna get plastic storage bins for clothes, camping gear, etc. I built the platform for half the bed since it is only me and I'm a small guy, plus my mountain bike will go on the right so I could save money by not buying a rack or hitch for it. Less likely to get stolen or beaten up on trails too. The lighting are just some cheap pop-lights with velcro on the back. They're very bright and worth the money in my opinion.

20180802_211857.jpg

SHoll

Nearly done my truck build (I hope).

I've completed the bed and finish making these window shades out of reflectix and felt. I used the adhesive spray, scissors, tape, and velcro. Was relatively cheap and blacks out the windows completely for when I am camping. I'm hoping it keeps the bed warm in the winter as well.

I'm planning a roughly two month road trip and hope to leave next week. Main goal is Yellowstone before the middle of September. I want to hit up Devils tower, Mount Rushmore, Black Hills, and a bunch of other places prior. Not decided on return trip home yet.

20180808_193009.jpg20180808_193021.jpg

SHoll

Looks good!!

How did you get that HUGE tire up there?

I picked it up to the tailgate first, but had to have my little brother help me throw it on the rack. It was easy with the two of us. Alone I probably would've scrathed the paint on the cap.

SHoll

Visited Fort Boonesborough in Richmond, KY. I am a bit of a history nerd and love to seek out monuments and locations of historical importance, especially american history. Soon I will be exploring other parts of the country, actually camping and offroading the truck. Considering making a separate thread for that and leave this for working on or adding to the truck, the setup, and random pictures here and there.

20180815_153450.jpgIMG_20180815_205042_749.jpgIMG_20180815_205042_750.jpg

tennesseewj

Observer
Cool truck! Really makes me miss my '03 Silverado. I really liked that truck until it came time to stick an infant seat in the back, haha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

eugene

Explorer
I fit infant seats in the back of my 04 just fine.

I haven't had any oil burning problems but have a leaky water pump currently and just had to replace the brake lines after one burst.

SHoll

I fit infant seats in the back of my 04 just fine.

I haven't had any oil burning problems but have a leaky water pump currently and just had to replace the brake lines after one burst.

I had a water pump go on me earlier this year and like 3 years ago brake lines burst. Damn salt.

SHoll

Just a newer picture. I post mostly on Instagram and my travel thread. I haven't done anymore work to the truck besides a new battery. I have a few more plans for it. When I get them done I'll make sure to post here. Thinking newer sound system, exhaust, cold air intake, and off-road lighting.
Thoughts or opinions welcome.....
IMG_20181027_185144_879.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94