Show off you Laptop/Tablet/GPS mounts please

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yes, Torque does do that if your LR is sending that info to the OBD port. My jeep monitors intake vacuum pressure and everything. So essentially, when I install my supercharger I already have a boost guage.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
I know that the ScanGauge gets coolant temps via OBDI2 protocol on the Disco, so I'm assuming that the Landy's sensors will send that data to Torque as well.

JamesDowning

Explorer
My Surface seems to work pretty well in its dash spot. I used a ProClips mount similar to the one by theksmith quoted a few posts above. I just fabricated my own mount though. Mounting directly to the dash like that really saves a ton of space over using a floor mounted ram-mount option like I used to have (also pictured below).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Old mount and laptop:
laptop.jpg

piedes

My Surface seems to work pretty well in its dash spot. I used a ProClips mount similar to the one by theksmith quoted a few posts above. I just fabricated my own mount though. Mounting directly to the dash like that really saves a ton of space over using a floor mounted ram-mount option like I used to have

Hi James, Can You told me witch external GPS You used with the surface?

kojackJKU

Was just looking at the app on your surface. what app is it? maps pro? and are you running a surface pro or just a surface.

kojackJKU

My Surface seems to work pretty well in its dash spot. I used a ProClips mount similar to the one by theksmith quoted a few posts above. I just fabricated my own mount though. Mounting directly to the dash like that really saves a ton of space over using a floor mounted ram-mount option like I used to have (also pictured below).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Old mount and laptop:
laptop.jpg

What app is that? or is it an EXE program?

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
The app on that Surface is Delorme Topo. Excellent Windows program, I've been using it for years.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Here's my setup on a normal camping trip.

From left to right:

Backup camera; OBD tablet; Android Mapping tablet (google maps, backcountry navigator); Windows Tablet (NatGeo TOPO, Delorme TOPO, MS Mappoint/Streets & Trips); Hotspot phone on the dash.

A few comments:

None of the screens get in the way of line of sight
None of the screens are in the path of an airbag (driver or passenger)
All tablets are run off the 2nd battery, with extra USB and 12V adapters throughout the cab
The laptop is run off a dedicated 100W inverter also connected to the 2nd battery
Ignore the open switchbox on the dash...I was halfway through a new lighting install, so all those wires are now run smoothly

It certainly ensures fatal injuries in the event of wreck .

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
7" Dell Venue 7 Android Tablet running a few different NAV applications. Backcountry Nav works well, and a couple of others. Mount is an Arkon Tablet/Phone mount... cheap and strong. I very much like this new mount! I think I am going to order a couple more for the other Jeep and one for my cell (seat base mount).

Dual Bluetooth GPS puck in the window...also pretty awesome so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Windshi..._1_9?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1425544391&sr=1-9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles