Show off your Truck Shell / Top Modifications and Add-Ons !

some truck beds have drains between the floor and front wall. in an unloaded (and uncovered) bed, the tail is a little higher than the front of the box. when loaded, water will drain between the bed and tailgate.

some truck beds have drains between the floor and front wall. in an unloaded (and uncovered) bed, the tail is a little higher than the front of the box. when loaded, water will drain between the bed and tailgate.
yep, understand why they are there. Curious if people with caps that dont leak plug them. I dont think much water would get up there, but if I had a plate, it wouldnt get much chance to dry out either.

Tacoma has two "secret" compartments behind the rear wheel wells and I believe those have drain holes, too. also, I think in one of Andrew Lloyd White's (I can never remember two, nevermind three, names) he mentions a space between the bed lining and bed rail as being a source of dust infiltration. if dirt can find its way in, can water be far behind?

when I first struck out in the construction business circa 1970, a contractor patiently explained to me that "... the only thing in this world that's watertight is a duck's butt. if it wasn't, he'd sink."

Drove around Colorado last August. If I didn't get any dust inside my truck cap I doubt you need to worry about it. I heard the dust story too, before buying my cap, but I've not had to worry one bit about any dust.

I was in the dealership yesterday. They are replacing the front sliding window and brake light due to water leaks. What's that you ask? Its a Snugtop truck cap.

BUT the reason I am posting is that I saw there is a foam kit for plugging gaps around the truck bed. The product name is something like "total bed seal". I don't think its necessary but you could grab a kit for peace of mind.

And I was thinking ... I bought a bedrug for when I camp in my truck cap. Thought it would be a bit softer, and it is, but I also toss a yoga mat on top of the bedrug. I mention it because I drove around Colorado with this bedrug on the floor of my truck bed and I don't know if it helped keep dust out of the truck. It isn't an exact fit but its pretty darn close.