Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Funhog

Funhog's '01 Tacoma 4dr trd

Currently awaiting Allpro Coilovers with bilstein shocks and new allpro leaf pack and 5150's. EXICTED!
St9ylE1.jpg

Last edited:

blackturtlefj

Here's mine,

07 FJC

-lifted
-sliders
-33"s
Etc

CND M101 exp trailer

-RTT arb simpson III

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 118

NetDep

Adventurer
This past weekend at Deception Pass State Park, WA...still a little damp but all in all a good kick off for this season of camping and frolick!!

Attachments

• IMG_1460 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_1460 - Version 2.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 128

Funhog

How do you like those tail lights? My stock ones have cracked lenses and I am looking for an upgrade.

They're ok. Nothing special. About $50 on ebay. Mine were cracked as well. This option was the cheapest. I wouldn't necessarily call these an upgrade. More like a cheap replacement. If you want an upgrade get some LED tail lights.

The Arborist

Just purchased: 1988 Toyota 4runner (22re/manual)

So I run an own/run an event gallery (The Arborist): https://www.facebook.com/thearboristchicago as well as sell Primitive/Industrial/Mid-century furniture and decor online under a different name.

I have been wanting one of these for a quite a long time and thought this could serve dual purpose for hauling and delivering pieces of furniture, for my unique needs very few vehicles fit what I am after, this is one of the few that can.

Quick story:
While searching all over the U.S. for a clean Toyota Pickup/4runner this one came up as just "Illinois" on craigslist. From the pictures it looked rather clean, but under the assumption that the underside is insanely rusty (as with any midwest vehicle) I still emailed.
This particular ad had been up for a month+ and at the price (under $2k) I figured it would have been gone, however, after a few hours I receive a reply back stating he has been on vacation on the west-coast and hasn't responded to any ads yet and I was the most recent to have emailed.
Telling me he would be back on Monday to show it, I set set up a time, he then said he would contact me Sunday with his address, half disinterested and thinking it would be hours away/insanely rusty I kept looking around.

Sunday rolls around, he texts me his address, to which I google map it to find.... he's literally a 5 minute walk away from me in Chicago, near Humboldt Park. Rather perplexed at how close he is, Monday comes and I head out to view it still thinking it would be rusty in person, as I near the truck I call him to come down and my phone shows he is from San Francisco, California.

That's when it his me: that's why this thing is so clean, it's a west coast 4runner!

After looking it over pretty hard, the thing is pretty damn clean and has only seen (2) Chicago winters, or for us Chicagoian's one-very-long-winter (inside joke).

After haggling a bit, I walk away with this bad-boy for $950. An absolute steal for this thing, especially being rust free in the mid-west (utterly priceless).

Problems:
Bad timing chain
Dead Battery

Feel free to chip in on my question here also (Chicago Shout-out: Any Shop or Mechanic for 22re in *Chicago* area?): http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-22re-in-*Chicago*-area?p=1574336#post1574336

Last edited:

Traverse

Slowing starting the expedition

Loving this site! AP EXP. leafs are on the way... 1st actual post, let's see if it works.:Wow1:

Attachments

• 308 018.jpg
    308 018.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 100

Scalded_Dawg

Checking in from Yorktown, VA.
Here's a pic from this past weekends trip to Jefferson National Forest area.
ubavetu4.jpg

Brent
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Pardon the typos

WastedAccounts

Master of Awesome
Nothing exciting. Finally got to take it offroad to stretch it's legs after almost a year of working on this and that and being held up by things like buying a house and such. Just some poser shots as I was just needing to see what worked and what rubbed, etc. Plus it looks pretty good with some dirt on it.

FlexySmudged.jpg
10262040_751303081569490_1156900575755862869_n.jpg
1538848_10152470734661042_2890737758303949393_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94