Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thinking about letting her go, but also thinking that's a silly notion.

lJePo48.jpg

Editor_Evan

Just joined the forum and thought I'd start by sharing some photos of my 2012 FJ Cruiser. It's a never-ending project and in 90k miles of owning it I'm still figuring out better ways to set up it up! Here are some photos from the California's Mojave trail. Will be headed to the Sierras at the end of the month and can't wait.
418A9620.jpg
IMG_20190105_164237.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
It’s only approved because it’s been tested. Air bags don’t deploy based on crushing a sensor. It’s the g force reading/ sudden stop that makes them deploy so with any aftermarket bumpers. They will still deploy like normal. The biggest difference is the bumper won’t absorb the hit as well and more forces is passed into the passengers. I’m ok with this so I rather have a fixed hard mounted bumper than one that crumpled.
The airbags don't necessary deploy as normal with an aftermarket bumper. They will deploy regardless which bumper you have or even if you don't have one at all due to those g-force sensors. Their timing is dependent on how the stock bumper absorbs energy and collapses. What ARB I think claims is that for any given crash the time from impact to when the airbag inflates won't be changed. With an aftermarket bumper that is completely rigid it's anyone's guess. They might fire at a lower speed or sooner in the impact sequence. That's the main problem in my view, that the airbags might have inflated and have already started deflating before they would have done any good in a major crash.

radguy

I've seen a lot of awesome wheeling pictures from the Ozarks. It appears one could spend a lot of time out there exploring the trails. Great pictures!
There are trails all over and tons to see. The worst time is right now with the heat, tics and biting flies.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
This is the 4Runner that Chris Collard and myself bought in Santiago 3 years ago. It was driven down from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego over a period of 2 years (from these guys: https://www.flightlesskiwis.com/4runner/).
Since we picked it up at the airport, we drove it through Chile, Peru, Argentina and Ecuador. Every time either Chris or myself go down there we bring parts with us and improve it. Eventually we will bring it back up to the states.

IMG_0170.JPGIMG_0171.JPG

Last edited:

4runnerteq

Explorer
This is the 4Runner that Chris Collard and myself bought in Santiago 3 years ago. It was driven down from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego over a period of 2 years (from these guys: https://www.flightlesskiwis.com/4runner/).
Since we picked it up at the airport, we drove it through Chile, Peru, Argentina and Ecuador. Every time either Chris or myself go down there we bring parts with us and improve it. Eventually we will bring it back up to the states.

View attachment 533874View attachment 533873

Man, awesome build on that rig. How well thought out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles