Shower Thoughts.............?

towee

Yeah zodi is well made no issues when I had it. The case was garbage.

A couple other things I forgot waterport has better pressure but the zodi is acceptable and no pumping mid shower with the waterport.

Another big plus for the waterport is the adjustable settings on the head similar to a garden sprayer. Use water saver mode for everything except showers and it really stretches the water usage.

llamalander

I have been traveling with this Zodi, comes with a box you can use as a stand and bucket and a D-cell pump. No thermostat, start circulating the water back into the source until it's as hot as you need. Pump stays on, sprayer goes back in the bucket when it isn't on you. This all seems to work hanging from an open hood, about a gallon and a half of water is enough to get clean, something to stand on to keep out of the dirt is a plus, sometimes I'll catch the water in a tarp to drown a campfire later. I'm sure this must be nice where you don't drag all your water with you, but it works fine in the desert and packs small and light enough to bring along.
IMG_3820.jpg

joolca

Without getting into the intricacies of onboard water you could always go with a heated portable system. For the most part all you need is 12V power, propane, and a water source.

Noticed you have a conversation going about portable showers and mentioned the HOTTAP. We're launching in the US this month! Feel free to send any questions my way.

I’ve gotten hundreds of showers from two different RoadShower units. A gen 1 and now a gen 2-7 gallon.

The Gen 2-7 gallon works best.

It takes some good sun, warmish temps and no/low wind to heat the water. Little heat is transferred into the water at highway speeds. Temps in the 70’s or 80’s work best.

In colder temps I heat water on the stove and mix with ambient water to get the right temp.

I get a shower and shave with 1 to 1.5 gal. My wife with long hair uses 3 to 4 gal per shower.

I suggest a wind shelter, though we don’t use one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz