Signed back up for the gym...

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
24 hour fitness sport in Anaheim hills. Went there for nearly 5 years straight. Just the 7 day free pass to see if i still want to go there. The problem im facing is, i dont want to leave the LC parked outside because i hear of break ins while people are working out (Yosh takes our DD to the pharmacy). Now im looking for a place i can swim near work where i can ride my mtb too and get a work out both ways. The other thing, im already noticing is last night which was supposed to be my first night back i had to stay at work to finish a rush job for a customer. This is the problem when you own/run your own biz. We just dont have much time. Anyhoo, i'll get in shape , gym or not.

Think i'll get back on the MTB more. I have the river trail nearby and Chino Hills SP to ride. I used to cross country race in the NORBA circuit so i know i love it. Just got burned out on that one too.. was riding everyday. Guess i dont do anything moderately eh? :D

Dave thats the problem we faced as well. My schedule especially is constantly changing and you never know when that next client is going to call and need you right in the middle of your work-out plans. I found more and more if I was even making it to the gym it was for a quick 30 mins on the elliptical and then I had to leave. We finally just bit the bullet and purchased one for in the home and got rid of the gym membership. Between that, biking and hiking (when its not 2000 degrees outside) I find I'm getting at least more workouts in. I'm going to be purchasing some Powerblock weights for home soon too so we can add that aspect.

I find that I've never been much of a gym rat anyway, and have a hard time even motivating myself to go. Having something at home is a lot easier.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I hear you there Heidi. Only problem is, im going to still miss swimming laps. And damn does that work well for my body. I shed pounds quickly, i stay cool when its 2000 degrees out and it is therapeutic because all i hear is myself in the water. Kind of like my own water therapy.

Anyhow, i'll figure out something. We have a pool at our condo, but all the little kids are in it in the summer and its not quite long enough for laps.

TJDIV

Adventurer
It's not a problem (owning a biz), just requires some of that 'trep' intuition funneled over to the fitness side. There'll be days when I do a half a dozen 'micro-sessions'... it all adds up. Hell, by the sounds of it a bit of "outside the box" time couldn't hurt ya ;)

I have 25lb dumbells, an adjustable bench, perfect push ups, a frisbee and a mountain bike. They can keep their gym card and pretentious wannabe fitness models. :REExeSquatsHL1:

Ride your bike to a track (or field) do lunges, single & double leg jumps and 5 sets of staged sprints with pushups and crunches mixed in. Enjoy walking 2 days later. :D :D

Ed B

Adventurer
Well good luck getting back into workout mode. You may have to use some variety to work around the business committment. As slow as the 91 freeway is you may actually get to work faster riding your bike to work a couple of days a week, a couple of days in the gym and maybe improvise something at work a day or two and you could have a pretty good workout week.

Fish

Adventurer
Well good luck getting back into workout mode. You may have to use some variety to work around the business committment. As slow as the 91 freeway is you may actually get to work faster riding your bike to work a couple of days a week, a couple of days in the gym and maybe improvise something at work a day or two and you could have a pretty good workout week.

I've found that since being promoted things will pop up at work that screw up my workout routine. First off, I'm very lucky to be able to work out at work. When I get busy I'll sometimes do a set of pushups and answer an email. Do another set and make a phone call. You get the point. I don't know how busy you get at your business, but you could do the same. Maybe put in a chinup bar or get a kettlebell or something.

Oh, and since we're throwing motivation number around, 6 weeks ago I was as heavy as I'd ever weighed at 197. I've started hiking again, carrying a 45 lb pack up the hills behind my house. At work, I've been doing stairs or lifting, depending on my free time. Plus the wife told me we're broke and can't eat out anymore. I'm around 190 now. Had to go find a belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier