Silliest thing I have done... add to the list.

kpredator

Adventurer
blew thru dobe border post between
botswana and namibia!
got a knock on on door at 1030 pm
had to go back the next morning!!

Mtpisgah

Bought a JT Mojave and then dumped almost the cost of the truck on an ACCC, awning, lift, regear, bigger tires, skids, lights, bumpers, winch, fridge, etc.

billiebob

Drove 6 hours to the US border to pick up a car that was stored 10 minutes from the border on the US side and realized I forgot my passport.
On that note..... I arrived at the border with an expired Passport 5 years ago. The USA guy said yer Passport is expired I said Noo..... He asked why are you coming to the states. I was getting a new engine installed in Spokane..... How much will that cost.... I was quoted $2800, he passed me my Passport and said you have a good trip........

This was the same week as the Womens Protest in Washington, DC where a number of women from Quebec with valid Passports were refused entry. What I love about the USA is if you are here to support us, our economy..... welcome..... otherwise you can go pound sand.

Another visit, I watched the pickup ahead of me turn around and go back to Canada. As i handed the border guy my Passport I said that was a quick visit. And he shared..... "yep, he said he was taking his snowblower down to clear his Dads driveway. I said yer Dad can hire an American to do that."

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Drove 6 hours to the US border to pick up a car that was stored 10 minutes from the border on the US side and realized I forgot my passport.

On that note..... I arrived at the border with an expired Passport 5 years ago. The USA guy said yer Passport is expired I said Noo..... He asked why are you coming to the states. I was getting a new engine installed in Spokane..... How much will that cost.... I was quoted $2800, he passed me my Passport and said you have a good trip........

This was the same week as the Womens Protest in Washington, DC where a number of women from Quebec with valid Passports were refused entry. What I love about the USA is if you are here to support us, our economy..... welcome..... otherwise you can go pound sand.

Another visit, I watched the pickup ahead of me turn around and go back to Canada. As i handed the border guy my Passport I said that was a quick visit. And he shared..... "yep, he said he was taking his snowblower down to clear his Dads driveway. I said yer Dad can hire an American to do that."
I should follow up and say I was allowed to cross in. I was fortunate it was the same guards that were there the previous week when we had to dump the car and they remembered the truck I was driving. (You don't see too many orange '08 reg cab shortbox GMC Sierra's) We were in the States for maybe 20 minutes. Just loaded the car on the trailer and left.

nightshoot007.jpg

My buddy who bought the car was pretty trusting and left his car on an acreage and paid the guy $50 to park it there for a week.

FROADER

Adventurer
One of my off-road related "silly" stories.

In 1995 while a few friends and I were at that year's Parker 400 race to help chase for Bob Gordon, we went on a little trail run. We came up to a random and real long mud pit. I knew my 2WD Ranger wouldn't make it through, especially after seeing my friend in his '76 F100 4x4 with a built 460 on 38 Swampers struggle a bit. I hate mud... but my best friend and I looked at each other and said, "F it, let's do it!" so I floored it. We went as far as we could, and this was how I hooked up the tow rope.

Of course my friend threatened to let me go and even faked it a couple of times, but thankfully he's a good friend... :)

ranger_stuck.JPG

I can't find the picture of the aftermath of my truck as a result of the roost that was coming from my friend's truck (same F100) that pulled me out, but you can imagine that my green and white truck had turned completely brown and was a lot heavier. That was definitely a fun day.

Furaites

Silliest thing I did….

I did not take the shot…..and I carried one of two brother’s in arms back…

Also happens to be the thing I regret mo too

billiebob

…is keep trying to use the pathetic so called “search function” of this forum, since it eliminates most all of the relevant words I’m trying to use and then returns completely worthless results ?

Today’s wasted effort (in honor of this thread’s initiating poster, ‘Meanwhile in Canada,’
I'll have to add to that thread....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior