Single battery setup vs Dual battery setup

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Just a few ya get the idea. Will try to get a picture of the ARC. You can see the size of cable I run for battery 1,2. The breaker is only there for protection and when I put in the Deka battery the factory cables did not reach with enough slack so the breaker also give me a little more. Question just PM me.

Attachments

• Solar and food. 023.jpg
    Solar and food. 023.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Solar and food. 021.jpg
    Solar and food. 021.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Solar and food. 022.jpg
    Solar and food. 022.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0564.JPG
    DSCN0564.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
  • DSCN0565.JPG
    DSCN0565.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0563.JPG
    DSCN0563.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Sorry 1 more, I added 2 volt meters to show me what the panel voltage into the controller is and one for battery voltage.

Attachments

• Timing light 033.jpg
    Timing light 033.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 22

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Not at this time will take a few tonight. I did use water tight connectors from Grainger 2 of them I think they were 3/8 with the nut,rubber gasket and a compression fitting and this was screwed into the fiber glass.

BigFuun

Hi all! I’m a noob to these forums and would like to pick your brain on this same subject.

I mostly camp for two nights max. Currently in my stock Toyota Tundra battery but would love to upgrade it. What recommendations do you have on batteries and should I also change the size?

I see myself only running small area lighting that are attached to the rack on my shell. 3 single Baja Designs S2 Sport lights and maybe the ability to change a phone or two at the same time.

I’m trying to stay minimal and don’t see myself running a fridge any time soon. I’d like to run a simple solar setup with one battery.

Thanks I’m advance.

gillbrak

Hi all! I’m a noob to these forums and would like to pick your brain on this same subject.

I mostly camp for two nights max. Currently in my stock Toyota Tundra battery but would love to upgrade it. What recommendations do you have on batteries and should I also change the size?

I see myself only running small area lighting that are attached to the rack on my shell. 3 single Baja Designs S2 Sport lights and maybe the ability to change a phone or two at the same time.

I’m trying to stay minimal and don’t see myself running a fridge any time soon. I’d like to run a simple solar setup with one battery.

Thanks I’m advance.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/battery-size-and-options.9407/

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I run 2 AGM gp31 batteries. When camping my solar takes charge of all the duties and care of the batteries. The ACR switches back and forth so I never worry about being dead. I left my fridge and radios on for 3 wks and the solar panel kept the batteries happy, jumped in the truck and fired right up. To me that said a lot of how the install went and the stuff I used.
AGM group 31 108ah made by Deka will fit but you will need longer cables to reach the posts. Install a breaker, factory wires go to breaker the other side make a small jumper 1/00 wire and problem solved. The 2 wires in the middle are the trucks factory wires to the battery normally. But with a taller battery they are to short. So I mounted the breaker on the battery hold down, made a 3" jumper out of 1/00 copper wire, wire on the left.and then connected the factory wires, problem solved. The big cable going to the right is to the Blue Seas ACR relay 2/00 cable and the cable going to lower left goes to a power pole stud for winch and off road lights, With the breaker I can isolate 12v power to the power pole stud and in case of a accident the breaker will trip doing the same thing. Comments? or questions?

Attachments

• DSCN0567.JPG
    DSCN0567.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0568.JPG
    DSCN0568.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0569.JPG
    DSCN0569.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0565.JPG
    DSCN0565.JPG