Single drawer build & rear organization system

60Dan

Explorer
That’s a good idea and sounds more flexible.

The routing of wires wasn’t as bad as it looks. I went through the factory boot that I believe is used for the rear taillight, removed 4 of the trim panels and fished the wire through using a zip tie

Next on the list is the cage, which I’ve decided to build from 1/2” steel. Originally I wanted to do it out of 1” aluminum for weight savings but the 1/2” square steel tubing isn’t bad at all and a good compromise.

wADVr

Adventurer
That’s a good idea and sounds more flexible.

The routing of wires wasn’t as bad as it looks. I went through the factory boot that I believe is used for the rear taillight, removed 4 of the trim panels and fished the wire through using a zip tie

Next on the list is the cage, which I’ve decided to build from 1/2” steel. Originally I wanted to do it out of 1” aluminum for weight savings but the 1/2” square steel tubing isn’t bad at all and a good compromise.
How is the Monster liner holding up? Just built a platform and am considering similar but am worried it will start falling off in chunks like other products I have used like this on wood.

Thanks! Looks great BTW

60Dan

Explorer
How is the Monster liner holding up? Just built a platform and am considering similar but am worried it will start falling off in chunks like other products I have used like this on wood.

Thanks! Looks great BTW

It’s been super durable no issues so far. Looks the same it did the day I put it on.
I think the key is the chassis saver undercoat. I put 2 coats on, lightly sanded the final coat for before applying the monstaliner. I believe I put 2 applications of monstaliner on as well

If I built another one, I’d do it again the same way

wADVr

Adventurer
It’s been super durable no issues so far. Looks the same it did the day I put it on.
I think the key is the chassis saver undercoat. I put 2 coats on, lightly sanded the final coat for before applying the monstaliner. I believe I put 2 applications of monstaliner on as well

If I built another one, I’d do it again the same way
Good to hear. Thank you!

60Dan

Explorer
Got the fridge cage put together. Primed and ready for paint

Attachments

• IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 54

60Dan

Explorer
One more. I left a little room between the top of the cage and the top of the lid for maybe a cutting board or something. As you can see I also only used the criss cross lattice look on one side to save weight. The drawer blocks most of the right side of the fridge so figured why waste the metal and add unnecessary weight. Also the left side with all the lattice work can be used to secure things too if need be

The cage will be secured to the base using the same T-nuts I used to bolt the slide down

Attachments

• frontcage.JPG
    frontcage.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 35

60Dan

Explorer
Got a few things done today.

Just need to add an inline fuse at the second battery that carries power to the drawer and put the drawer back in place

Attachments

• IMG_3917.JPG
    IMG_3917.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3923.JPG
    IMG_3923.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3924.JPG
    IMG_3924.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 63

theblindchicken

Great work! Very impressive.

Curious, what is the point of having a fridge cage?
Seems like you can pull the fridge out to use with the back loaded up and nothing will backfill behind the fridge keeping you from pushing it back in. And has a couple good spots to attach smaller things to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles