Six Pac Slide in Camper. Brand new build out

Taymar

2006 Six-Pac Camper Custom built. Fits 6 or 8 foot beds.

Hello all, I have for sale a 2006 six-pac camper completely custom-built interior. This camper was purchased two years ago, we spent 6 months building out the interior. The camper was a complete utilitarian model with nothing but a heater and bed when we got it. Everything that outfits the camper was installed and brand new in 2018. The first thing we did was seal the exterior ensuring all seams were new (there is no water damage nor has there ever been any leaking in the camper). The camper has its ¾” insulation that it was outfitted with from the factory, we then added an additional ¾” of foam board with reflective sheet to add to the R value of the camper which really increased the efficiency both in summer and winter. Over that, we added a combination of cedar board and pine board. All other modifications and build-out items will be listed below for ease of reading. The highlight of this rig is its California king LUCID 5-inch memory foam mattress. The sleeping area is massive fitting a California king with additional space for storage. Another highlight is the rieco electronic jacks with remote control (this makes getting the camper on and off SO EASY. All the jacks are connected to a central module that runs off the house battery.

Storage: There is loads of storage in this thing. We have built out two massive overhead cabinets with 6 cabinets doors with nice European style hinges and two gas struts per door to aid in the opening of the door up toward the ceiling. The cabinets have two levels to store things in additional to hanging baskets.There is also a hatch under the step up into the bed area which houses the battery as well as loads of other miscellaneous things. Ther are two storage bins that were built into the original camper floor. These have two recessed hatch doors on the floor that easily pull up for an additional spot for a wide array of items (we use this area for firewood, camp chairs, ax, camp shovel etc). We recently added a fabric pocket wall mounted storage solution to one of the walls in the main living area to serve for additional storage for small items. Every door has a southco C3 series 22N. There are also an additional 3 cabinets below the kitchen countertop that house the water jugs, grey water tank, and various other kitchen items.

How much does it weigh? That’s a great question last time I hit the scale I believe it was in the 2500 lb region. On the back, the unit has a 900 lb dry weight sticker. Initially, we used a 6ft bed on our 4.7 liter tundra and it hauled the camper just fine. We ended up wanting a full 8ft bed to fit the camper and we now haul it with a 04 5.9 cummins which hauls the camper with ease.

Kitchen:
  • Framed in pine with MDF counter tops that were made to look like concrete countertops with a product called stone coat epoxy. Product website-->https://www.stonecoatcountertops.co...QDs-CUku7K1j_5m2FpLGr9O4FFyoxKcRoC1REQAvD_BwE
  • Sink: DAX Handmade Single Bowl Undermount Deep kitchen sink. 16 Guage stainless steel, brushed finish, 15x12x8 inches. Faucet: Stainless steel commercial grade pull-down faucet. Brushed nickel with deck plate.
  • Water: I have two aquatainer 7 gallons jugs that supply water to the sink.There is a small greywater collecting jug (this is what we liked to use but if desired it could easily be routed to the outside and drained)

• Pump: The faucet is powered by a Shurflo 1202 with a swivel nut strainer. There is also an on/off switch for the pump located right next to the sink.
  • Stove: Suburban Stainless 3 burner propane stove (this has its own propane supply separate from the furnace both tanks have locations outside of the camper with access doors.
  • Fridge: ARB 50 QT. portable fridge freezer. Very low amp draw with an advanced electronic control system with digital temperature display. Tough durable powder coated zinc steel cabinet shell. Super efficient and almost silent compressor. The fridge sits on two flat-mount sliders that recess into the kitchen cabinetry.

Electronics: *note* all electronic equipment is routed to a central fuse panel and connected to the battery.
  • Power: The camper is equipped with two 100 watt renogy solar panels that are controlled by a renogy MPPT-rover controller which uses maximum power point tracking technology, transferring power up to 30% more efficiently than a PWM controller. There is also a shore power plug on the outside of the camper that powers two AC outlets in the camper. This also runs power to a prewired air conditioning unit that we replaced with a Maxair fan but if desired a new unit could be put back on.
  • Battery: We have a 200 AH deep cycle AGM battery. In the two years, we have been adventuring in this camper we have never had a power issue, with 200 watts of solar and a 200 amp hour battery there is more than enough power onboard.
  • Inverter: 500-watt power inverter with two USB plugs and two AC outlets
  • There are two power stations with a cigarette lighter socket, two usb power outlets, unit on/off switch and a voltage display. These are located in the bed area as well as the kitchen.
  • Lights: There are 4 recessed acegoo marine LED’s (Warm white) in the bed area and 6 in the main/kitchen area. These zones are controlled by two separate wall mounted glass touch panels with dimmer, one in the main living area with another in the bed. There is also 4 LED under cabinet light strips. Three in the kitchen area and one that lights up the bench seat. These light strips are turned on with a button on the unit with 3 levels of brightness. The bedroom also has an LED strip attached to the front wall of the bedroom which plugs into the USB outlet or is has a battery pack. This strip has a remote that is also attached in the bedroom that controls the mode of the lighting, the color and speed (basically a party light strip). Exterior Lighting: There are three LED camp lights two on the side and one on the back (Nice to leave on for camp lighting) and there are also two 18w 4” flood/work lights on the back of the camper.
  • MaxxAir Fan 07500K Smoke: This fan single handedly can maintain a very comfortable temperature inside the camper. It comes with a remote which is mounted in the bed area allowing you to control the unit easily from bed.
  • MTI Industries Safe T alert 35 series Dual LP/CO Alarm- One in the cabover sleeping area and one in the main area.
  • Suburban Propane Heater: This unit came equipped from the factory with a suburban propane heater with a thermostat conveniently located on the wall outside the cabover making it really nice to start the heat without getting out of bed. The sail switch on these units is known to cause an issue with igniting and I have replaced that switch with a new part. Without exaggeration, this little heater really is worth its weight in gold during the spring, fall and winter months. It heats the camper up really well and maintains a very comfortable temperature with minimal use of propane.

Might as well answer the question here because I know someone is bound to ask it. Why are we selling the camper? Well, the short of it is both my wife and me are in school and we don’t use it enough to justify keeping it and are looking to downsize to more of a truck topper camper situation until we are done with school.

The truck camper is sometimes lost in a world of converted vans but we have really enjoyed the versatility of it. If you already own a truck or are looking to purchase one the price of buying a van including build doesn’t even come close to the economic value of owning a truck and camper. I like that I can take the camper out and retain the use of my truck for daily driving or hauling other materials.

Wait no bathroom!? That’s right folks no bathroom. When purchasing this camper we were adamant about it fitting within the 8 ft bed and keeping it as simple as possible. I don’t like things to break and I hate fixing things that should have never broken in the first place. Everything about this camper is as simple as it can get and all easily fixed. With that said having a black water tank with lines that will most certainly freeze and break when winter camping was not something I wanted to deal with. If desired there is a spot that a composting toilet could work into the mix but I was never fond of the idea of living in a confined space with my own feces and urine (that’s just me though). Anyhow as far as the shower we use a big water jug that we set in the sun all day and drop a pump with a showerhead into the jug and the outlet (these can be purchased on amazon for super cheap) and the outlet in the kitchen serves to power this unit.

Ultimately we would love for someone to buy this that will continue to use it to its fullest potential. Whether you are bikers, skiers, climbers or just love hitting the road and camping we hope it spikes interest for someone to continue adventuring with it for years to come.

I am sure there is something that I have forgotten to ad to this description so please don’t hesitate to text or call with questions. However please respect the serious buyers only request, my wife and I are super busy and don’t have a ton of free time to show the camper. I will respond to text and calls as well as email if desired. The easiest being text (there are so many spam messages these days so please try and sound like a human)

Asking 13k and will entertain reasonable offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94