Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

That looks like super fun climbing - the rock is a spitting image of the Owens River Gorge (near Bishop, CA). Yeah, a 5.9 hand crack that you can't get your hands in gets tough real quick! He with the big hands gets to flail then the small-handed wife/girlfriend/kid get to cruise and rave about the perfect jams. Good memories of my climbing days, thanks for sharing all those photos.

java

Expedition Leader
That looks like super fun climbing - the rock is a spitting image of the Owens River Gorge (near Bishop, CA). Yeah, a 5.9 hand crack that you can't get your hands in gets tough real quick! He with the big hands gets to flail then the small-handed wife/girlfriend/kid get to cruise and rave about the perfect jams. Good memories of my climbing days, thanks for sharing all those photos.
Its a super fun area! I took way too many pictures if you want to see more! :) Lots of basalt, some that is little ledges, some that is the big pillars. It gets HOT though.

Its a 5.10 crack (according to my book, 5.9 on MP I guess), I made it up once this time, but fell part way up (on top rope). Made it last time though. I can get them in, its just too tight for a sideways fist, and too wide for a vertical fist. I just seem to end up with my whole arm stuffed in for friction.

This one was a fun lead, only had ~5' of a 60m rope left. Not real hard (57-8 IIRC) but super pucker being that high

Last edited: