Skottle lid

Tumbleweed

Adventurer
Anyone wanting a lid for your skottle, cowboy wok, discada, etc.... I made one from a cheap, stainless steel dog dish from Walmart. Pick one the right diameter, put a wooden drawer pull knob on it, I drilled a small hole and put a wood screw into the knob. Works well. Think it was a total of $13.skottle lid.jpg

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Garage / rummage sales or thrift stores for existing lids. One potential downfall is bringing home stuff you really don't need. :p

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I'm still looking for a side-handle arrangement that would let me use the lid as a pot (or at least a wash-basin)

robert

Expedition Leader
If you have a restaurant supply place nearby check them out- you can find all manner of lids, bowls, chafing dishes (they make great sinks, parts bins, parts washing bins, etc.), fry baskets (to put small parts in while washing or soaking), durable cookware and prep tools, etc. They often have longer handled tools such as tongs that work well when cooking over a fire since they're designed for use with larger commercial grade equipment.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Big stainless mixing/salad bowl, @Herbie . Drill a hole in the side and mount a handle.

Oh that part's easy - it's coming up with a shape for a side-handle that doesn't interfere on the curve of the cooking surface and also still fits into my BROG Skottle bag - that's the tricky part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94