Smaller camp stoves?

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The slimline Kampa Alfresco 2 burner stove with grill folds down into its own steel case to store virtually anywhere.

Two gas rings and a grill gives some versatility.
I've never heard of this brand so I looked it up on Amazon UK and it looks really cool, nothing like I"ve seen in the States. I don't see a wind guard with this stove, may not need it. I'm assuming a LPG 1lb bottle is what most people use with this stove?

On a more generic note, why do the Eureka and GSI stoves cost so much when they're nothing but stamped sheetmetal made in China, like the Coleman units? Having a Piezeoelectric igniter shouldn't bump up the price that much.

In the US it was called the Century Ultima 4586

I had reported on it in THIS thread post.
Its a great little stove, unfortunately I let mine go with a chuck box I had built that was mounted in a van I had that sold.
Would love to get another.
The link above is to a "demo" page with no availability.
Wal Mart has one listed but it has been out of stock for quite some time.
If anyone finds one LMK

robert

Expedition Leader
My Jetboil lives in the back of my truck but like most of us, I've got multiple stoves including a couple of Coleman's. Before the Jetboil, I kept my old single burner Peak 1 in the truck and I will carry a two burner Coleman on trips, especially when it's cold (I've got a propane adapter for it too for lazy summer days or connecting to the larger tank). If I don't want to carry the Coleman I will toss the Gas One Asian style in the truck (I've got the dual fuel model- IIRC, it's the 8000btu model which is plenty). I actually bought it and a samgyupsal pan for, what else- samgyupsal but it also works with the Bayou Classic Griddle. Just make sure that you have some airflow around it as you don't want to reflect too much heat onto the butane canister- or use the adapter hose and set the propane bottle off to the side. One of those folding medal screens or some something to block the wind is helpful, even necessary in stronger winds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles