Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

FandL

JK ADDICTION
TEST RUN

Loved it. Easy to set up and comfortable. Smittybilt put a new thicker mattress in and additional perks. Bottom line is....go for it! Having a king size mattress interior is great for my family. We are looking forward to getting off-road camping in the wild!

Attachments

• 99DFC5A0-05CE-4487-B53C-F805BFBD9E21.jpg
    99DFC5A0-05CE-4487-B53C-F805BFBD9E21.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 111
  • E50865B7-581E-4ABD-A6F4-DCCE8CB912D0.jpg
    E50865B7-581E-4ABD-A6F4-DCCE8CB912D0.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 112
  • B1B84C1D-BC17-4DE4-ABEF-A588824E321B.jpg
    B1B84C1D-BC17-4DE4-ABEF-A588824E321B.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 114

rudee13

Loved it. Easy to set up and comfortable. Smittybilt put a new thicker mattress in and additional perks. Bottom line is....go for it! Having a king size mattress interior is great for my family. We are looking forward to getting off-road camping in the wild!
Dude! What was the MFG date on side of box for your tent?
I had my first xl tent (MFG January 2017) replaced due to a defect and my new replacement tent MFG date is June 2017. I haven't had chance to open and mount my new one, what other goodies are with mattress upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeti1

Any pics of what the sky roof looks like from the inside looking out? Can never find pics of the Smittybilt sky window.

Thanks

F40

Adventurer
Any pics of what the sky roof looks like from the inside looking out? Can never find pics of the Smittybilt sky window.

Thanks

It doesn't have a window. You won't be seeing anything with the roof open unless you take the rain fly off.

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
It doesn't have a window. You won't be seeing anything with the roof open unless you take the rain fly off.
One of the reasons I chose this tent over higher priced models. Plastic gets brittle and i don't want windows breaking in winter. If it's nice enough to star gaze just take the rain fly off. There are solid and bug screen roof panels in the tent roof that can both zip open.
e886abf4d8b87e90be9e46af65de8ac8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Yeti1

Thanks for the pic of the roof opening. Just ordered mine this week. Had a discount code and got it for $980 for the XL version from a big 4x4 store. Of course it is on back order from Smittybilt with unknown ETA from Smittybilt. Cant wait.

FattyMcJ

You won't be disappointed, it's worth the wait.

We've had our 2783 out several times now, most recently 3 nights in Moab. Windy as hell but the tent didn't budge, and no rips/tears in any of the seams.

I wasn't expecting the quality that we got from the tent, being SmittyBilt, but we're pleasantly surprised.

My only advice, invest in a better mattress or pad. The one it comes with is awful and useless. $150 at Walmart solved that with a 3" memory foam topper.

Edited to include a pic, because why not? lol

IMG_5430-L.jpg

Wynn

Wanderer
Did the mounting brackets, ladder, and cover come in a separate package or is it inside the tent?

Update: never mind, it's in the tent.

Last edited:

Wynn

Wanderer
c7aea20c5e55173072960299e7244aaa.jpg

Had to drill new holes, missing some screws, and metal shavings all over the place. I wasn't expecting stellar quality but overall I'm happy with the tent. I'll get a better idea once I take it out camping.

SETundra

c7aea20c5e55173072960299e7244aaa.jpg

Had to drill new holes, missing some screws, and metal shavings all over the place. I wasn't expecting stellar quality but overall I'm happy with the tent. I'll get a better idea once I take it out camping.

Wow, they really installed the ladder brackets like that?

Wynn

Wanderer
It had predrilled holes but I realized they were incorrect once I tried attaching the ladder.

Yeti1

Hi everyone,
I was recently able to solve the longstanding question that was posted here a while ago - no, Smittybilt still does not offer an annex for the XL model but Tepui Autana XL (Gran Sabana) annex fits almost perfectly. Size is slightly off (SB is 4 inches wider) but parts match well (zippers, slider) and the only modification that may have to made is making another hole for metal rod that supports the window opening on one side.
Couple crappy pictures from my driveway set up are attached ;-)
Cheers,
Richard

Do you have any closer pics to show where it's short and the hole you had to make? Is it the regular annex or the ruggedized? Not sure if there is a zipper difference or not btween the two. Needing an annex for mine. Looking at the Tepui and the CVT 72" wide versions.

Thanks,
Shane

RichardPT

Richard
I don't have any close up picture - all it is a small (maybe 5 inch) section of the zipper in a corner that does not fully close. Otherwise seems to fit perfectly, I didn't have to make any mods. It's a regular xl annex. Honestly I don't think I would like the ruggedized version as this one is plenty heavy to handle. I put a tarp under the floor for protection- yes, it has a floor which is great as SB regular size annex is only walls.
Hope that helps

Yeti1

I don't have any close up picture - all it is a small (maybe 5 inch) section of the zipper in a corner that does not fully close. Otherwise seems to fit perfectly, I didn't have to make any mods. It's a regular xl annex. Honestly I don't think I would like the ruggedized version as this one is plenty heavy to handle. I put a tarp under the floor for protection- yes, it has a floor which is great as SB regular size annex is only walls.
Hope that helps

Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles