Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

Varano14

I got mine for $900 from 4wd about 3-4 months ago. I used the honey plugin for chrome which automatically applies coupons. I got like 10% off with taxes paid and free shipping. If you hold out until Christmas/Blackfriday you might do better. Maybe 4th of July will have some discounts.

TexasIsHome

I'll look into the Honey thing. I'm going to Moab in September, so I just have to have it by then. I'll keep looking around.

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
I added a 4" topper but there was no way I was getting it closed so I removed the factory mattress. Unfortunately haven't been out yet this year to try it but laying on both on the floor was a huge difference. I'll likely sell my factory mattress, 2 of those would fit and probably be a big improvement too if you find one in your area...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Jerkeejoe

Mine is being delivered on Wednesday. I want to order a foam topper in advance, but not sure what size foam to order. Cal King? King? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rudee13

Mine is being delivered on Wednesday. I want to order a foam topper in advance, but not sure what size foam to order. Cal King? King? Thanks in advance.
sb xl 2883 mattress size is 92.5" x 74.8"

couple different ways to get complete coverage if you wanted to use standard size bedding just have to use a combination of your choice. probably cheaper than custom mattress and custom sheet
cc4763c4fe38655328064bdae1a50d10.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jerkeejoe

sb xl 2883 mattress size is 92.5" x 74.8"

couple different ways to get complete coverage if you wanted to use standard size bedding just have to use a combination of your choice. probably cheaper than custom mattress and custom sheet
cc4763c4fe38655328064bdae1a50d10.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Perfect, Thanks! I was having trouble finding the SB XL mattress size. Looks like a full and a twin combined will get me complete coverage. Or a Cal King will get nearly complete coverage.

Any suggestions from others with experience as to what works best/most comfortable?

I'll have more stuff to post up in a bit, but this is the 2" memory foam pad that I got off amazon. It DOES fit with the factory pad (folds up just fine). I was really really trying to find one that came with a cover, but I could only find one in a king size, so I skipped that for now.

My wife who complains about most beds, slept better in our tent than our real bed at home lol. This was with the pad linked above and the factory pad under it.

California king is what I went with, it is almost as wide as the factory pad, but it is slightly shorter. I went for this over the regular king size since the king pad would be both shorter in width and length.

I would highly recommend the cal king size (at least for the pad I bought) as it is nearly perfect.

Mr. T

I added a 3in memory foam I picked up on amazon. That plus the factory pad is extremely comfortable for me(a side sleeper). Your experience may differ.

Worth noting is with both of them it is difficult to close the tent. I was able to close it for transportation but I was concerned I had to force it too much so while storing the tent I have the topper in a large duffle. This may be overly cautious but storing it outside isn’t an issue. On the next trip I plan on testing it with just the 3in topper to see if I can ditch the smitty mattress and keep everything in the tent.

I added a 1/2 inch Deluxe rug pad to fit inside the mattres cover just under the 2 inch foam mattres so that my hip bones don't touch the metal tent floor and the tent folds up just fine.

afbond03

Adventurer
If anyone is looking to pick-up the annex you can get it for about $255 today from eBay using code: PRIMOSALE. Code also works on the tent bringing it down to $1k. Ends tonight and can be used on pretty much everything but electronics.

gthrift

Picked up a trailer a few weeks back and got the tent off my Jeep. I've only got about 6 nights in my Smittybilt but so far I've been pretty darn happy with my purchase. I've owned two Tepui's and 1 direct from China Hard Shell and gotta say, this is a GREAT bang for your buck if your looking for a larger RTT. I just ordered the Annex tonight, not sure how much I'll use it as I hated putting mine away when I had my Tepui Autana, hopefully now having a trailer with space to store things the Annex will get used more.

What size trailer is that and what rack setup are you using? It looks like it’s tracks that allow you to raise and lower the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94