Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

wellred

Thanks. Assuming it is pulled forward for the gas hookup? Does it store in the drawer closed?
Yeah, it sits a little forward to make the hookup easier. It DOES NOT store with drawer closed. I put it in the pantry section above with my cast iron, bigger utensils, and mesh bag with plates and cups on top of it. Pretty quick and easy to move it all around.

blare

Yeah, it sits a little forward to make the hookup easier. It DOES NOT store with drawer closed. I put it in the pantry section above with my cast iron, bigger utensils, and mesh bag with plates and cups on top of it. Pretty quick and easy to move it all around.
Dang back to sourcing a partner steel 18”

IMG_1341.jpg

Tent with cut out for AC on one side table for the other. has an aluminum extrusion that mounts to the side of the tent to hold the AC unit.TKhawk , thats a great idea for a retrofit and just plumb it in at the opening at the center hinge point.

Bumper dumper? What’s that
its a toilet seat that fits into a receiver hitch. They have them at RV stores but i built my own with added features like a toilet paper holder, foot rest, PCI racing seat and 4 point seat belts. It definitely got some looks, but it had a sad fate in johnson valley, it ended up being passed around almost every jeep in the camp and someone neglected to put the hitch pin in and it fell off somewhere out there at night never to be seen again.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Do you think it might be able to fit if it or the drawer was modified? Maybe even with leaving the top off. I hadn't thought about a griddle until I saw your's but now I think I'd rather a griddle over a stove top.

wellred

Do you think it might be able to fit if it or the drawer was modified? Maybe even with leaving the top off. I hadn't thought about a griddle until I saw your's but now I think I'd rather a griddle over a stove top.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Maybe even just pulling off the knob and top might work. I will try to remember to try that when I get home.

YYCRod

How's that quick pitch shower? I really like it, but I'm having a hard time justifying that kind of money for a shower curtain. Is it worth it?

I was considering building one, but with the cost of materials and time.... I found it just easier to buy it. I fabricated a swing-out arm, so it stows nice and tight when travelling. It is a well built unit. If I had one criticism (other than the price), it would be there is no roof. I will be sewing one up in the next few days. My better half apparently thinks a drone might snap a pic of her in the shower....

Silverback07

Adventurer
What model is that shower enclosure? I have the Ozark Trail quick setup enclosure with two rooms, its very nice as it gives you a changing area/toilet area. But it does take up a bit of space in the trailer.

Anvoy

Absolutely.
The two outside adjustment on each torque arm are the camber adjustment. If you have a look at them, you can see that it will move the arm up and down due to stops welded on the top and bottom of the off camber disc. That adjustment will pivot the outside of the arm ( axle) up and down, which essentially controls the squat ( camber) of the axle.
The two inside adjustments does the same, but as the stops are welded front and rear will now pivot the arm ( or axle) front or rear, which then controls the toe ( pointing inward or outwards)
As you adjust them, they do affect each other a tiny bit, due to bushing wobble and such, so just check each other prior to tightening and after tightening of the nuts.
Hi, guys, thank you all for the great ideas. I got mine a couple days ago from my local 4wheel parts as a display unit. They knocked around 18%off. I am in the process of lossen all the bolt, apply thread locks and torque them to spec. I still have some questions regrading the build. From the previous threads, I have a general idea of how to align the toe and camber. However, i don't know how to adjust the trust angle mentioned in the manual. Anybody with ideas? I can't really take this trailer to a alignment shop and do a 3-axle since I messed up my Jeep's rear trust angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94