Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

john61ct

Adventurer
Not sure what you mean by a framed panel. Do you have an example?

Thanks
The heavy, non-flexible glass covered ones.

As in, regular panels rated to last 20+ years.

As opposed to the so called "semi-flexible" ones, very light, more expensive per watt, hard to install properly and usually don't last long.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
if you can fit a rigid framed panel, that will be **much** better value long term.

Thanks John.
It is a weird shape and I have found more flex panels that somewhat would fit.
It appears that 50 watt is all I can size to. I will have a look a bit more.
Cheers.

I have 6 rails mounted on the cross beams. Got them all from smittybilt for free. Also got the mounting hardware. I just emailed the, and they showed up tow or three weeks later
i have tried contacting them about this several times and I am ignored. hopefully they read this forum.

robepa

i have tried contacting them about this several times and I am ignored. hopefully they read this forum.
Use the customer service form on their website, I have got consistent responses this way. As you say, when I email the same people I don't get a reply. I am guessing that they are track response times from the web site.

RyanHeller

Observer
Ryan

Do you have an ETA of the on board water system? and approximate cost?

Thanks

I am still about a month and half to two months out on the water tank system. I have the tank design finalized and mounting brackets near completion. I decided to change the tank we were using from our original system for additional capacity. Cost is still TBD once fabrication costs are factored in for the tank brackets. I will keep this thread updated.

Ryan

SB sent out letters , i got mine the first week of December. They took care of me quickly. They are also local to me, about 50 miles but sometimes i pass by them for work. They had their new trailer there and the tongue is very well reinforced. It is on all the new 2019 models which are being released in april. Looks like they may have changed manufactures for the new ones.

Raw-xpedition

SB sent out letters , i got mine the first week of December. They took care of me quickly. They are also local to me, about 50 miles but sometimes i pass by them for work. They had their new trailer there and the tongue is very well reinforced. It is on all the new 2019 models which are being released in april. Looks like they may have changed manufactures for the new ones.

I never got a letter. Do the trailers still look the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles