Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

T-Rey1

Adventurer
So I have made up my mind on the scout, but would like to hear from those 4runner and Tacoma owners about the width of the trailer. Is it any wider than the vehicles? I want to be able to park the trailer in my garage so want to make sure before I hit the buy button. Thanks

robepa

So I have made up my mind on the scout, but would like to hear from those 4runner and Tacoma owners about the width of the trailer. Is it any wider than the vehicles? I want to be able to park the trailer in my garage so want to make sure before I hit the buy button. Thanks
I pull mine with my 06 Taco, it is just slightly wider than the truck but I am running 2" wheel adapters making the track 4" wider but allows me to use Tacoma rims.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I pull mine with my 06 Taco, it is just slightly wider than the truck but I am running 2" wheel adapters making the track 4" wider but allows me to use Tacoma rims.
I also tow with a Tacoma.. no issues. Goes where the truck goes just fine.

View attachment 499312
Thanks guys. My only doubt was it fitting in my garage. My last 2 trailers were kept outside and I do not want to do that again. Harsh on it. I will not be running 33" tires either.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Thanks guys. My only doubt was it fitting in my garage. My last 2 trailers were kept outside and I do not want to do that again. Harsh on it. I will not be running 33" tires either.

I had mine in the garage for about a year, but now it is in the hanger. I had no issues in the garage.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Mine is sitting on 34's with the RTT and it fits in the garage. I "think" I have a couple more inches I can go up on the tent mount before it becomes a ship in a bottle.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Mine will be ready in April. I was told that they will start coming with VIN numbers now. Anyone else heard that?

Attachments

• 2018-07-20_16-36-57_283.jpg
    2018-07-20_16-36-57_283.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 80

blare

With the OEM tire/wheel combo mine fits In the garage with the spare mounted on the top of the trailer and the smittybilt XL tent on top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke