Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

MOD3RNFJ

It's a custom job by a guy in Phoenix, it turned out great. I think he's interested in doing more. DM me if you're interested, I don't want to post his contact info on the forum.

@Silverback07 they welded a new tab behind each shackle point and then used high grade bolts. Four points of contact. I'll try to get pictures.

Catabler

I should have bought one yesterday. They are $900 more today on Northridge. I messaged them and here is what they told me :

That deal was a huge pricing error on our part and was caught yesterday by our sales team. I apologize for the inconvenience and error, but we can not honor that price. Thank you.

Chris Roell
General Manger, Colorado
chris.roell@northridge4x4.com
866.601.5340 ext. 5940
http://www.northridge4x4.com

Pulled the trigger this morning. $6000 with “sharktank” coupon code got it down to $5100.

Catabler

I've purchased a Scout trailer and I'm attempting to put 37 12.5R17 tires on stock Jeep Rubicon wheels onto it. The problem I've run into is that the tires are not clearing the handbrake cable. I spoke to Smittybilt today and they advised that I'd need to use 3” wheel spacers to get the needed clearance but after googling all evening I can't seam to find any 3” spacers and even if I could I'm a little concerned about using them. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

What spacers did you wind up going with?

bobebm

What spacers did you wind up going with?

I have 37 AEV 5x5 tires and got 2 inch lug centric wheel spacers. I got them from US Wheel Adapters for about $100. Made sure to use loctite and the proper torque and recheck after a couple hundred miles. No problems, all good.

bobebm

Small modification that we finished up today. We were camping one night and really felt the wind and kept thinking of the front jack on a wheel. It is probably overkill but it just gives us more peace of mind and added stability. We had a local welder put on the ring and bought the jack from etrailer.

IMG_5573.JPGIMG_5585.JPGIMG_5575.JPG

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I was at the truckfest in San Mateo today. I was told I couldn’t buy one because Smittybuilt was having supply issues? Then somebody else volunteered a VIN number issue? Then a third lady said she has been waiting for hers since August?!

Show price was 6299$ with the tires of course. I’m hoping for a decent refund and buying this trailer I hope they have it all straightened out by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borison

Adventurer
Small modification that we finished up today. We were camping one night and really felt the wind and kept thinking of the front jack on a wheel. It is probably overkill but it just gives us more peace of mind and added stability. We had a local welder put on the ring and bought the jack from etrailer.

View attachment 501419View attachment 501420View attachment 501422
It probably is overkill, I was thinking, but underkill simply wouldn’t be enough in this particular application.

YYCRod

View attachment 501419View attachment 501420View attachment 501422

I did the same to mine last spring. Makes the platform more much more stable.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
At some point I am going to change that front stabilizer jack. There is a lot of flex and torque on that design. Specially as stock. With the new CF box I estimate I am about 150 pounds of tongue weight, almost half of what it was stock, which puts me right at about 10%. When all set and done, I plan of weighing that tongue. That lighter tongue have really helped the front jack as it was a mess stock, on anything other than asphalt. There is an aussie company that makes a very nice trailink link tongue jack that I like, but it is quite expensive.

bobebm

It is the XO from ARK (there is thread on that product also). Looks like a great product but runs about $250 to $300. Great, If you needed to drag the trailer out of some real ugly terrain (see their videos), but for our missions/trips that would be an extreme and unlikely scenario. Still considered it but since it only extended 29.50 and with 37s it just wasn't quite enough. Decided to go with the the Etrailer jack that extends to 31.5 for only about $ 40. It is nice not to rely on a single point of support on the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles