Smuggler's Cave (San Diego Area) date TBA

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
I don't have the perfect spot, but you used to be able to camp around the "Valley of the Moon" which is just south of Smugglers Cave.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
awalter said:
I don't have the perfect spot, but you used to be able to camp around the "Valley of the Moon" which is just south of Smugglers Cave.

Too close to the border:Wow1:

I hear there are some great sites over there but my Border Patrol friends in that area and told me to stick to the North side of the fwy.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
calamaridog said:
Ok, I'm officially camping.

Cool! Me too!

calamaridog said:
Does anyone have a small propane bbq? Mine moved to Utah with my brother last summer (along with the cooler I lent him:D )

Yes, i will bring my propane BBQ and 2 cans of propane! Who is bringing stuff for the BBQ? :D Bring the food, i will cook it! its a win win! :D

This is going to be a blast!

Still meeting @ 7am at Carls Jr in Alpine? Its the one RIGHT OFF of the freeway right?

I will also be bringing my detailed map of the area so we can go exploring!

Woo Hoo!

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Yes, it's right off the fwy. Time and date are the same. I'll have some food for the BBQ. You bringing side dishes:beer: :lurk: :elkgrin: :eatchicke :chowtime:

:jump:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
calamaridog said:
Yes, it's right off the fwy. Time and date are the same. I'll have some food for the BBQ. You bringing side dishes:beer: :lurk: :elkgrin: :eatchicke :chowtime:

:jump:

I will see what i can come up with! House is stocked for a huge superbowl party, so i will try to smuggle some stuff out!

What rig are you taking? I got a friend with a 2wd Tundra that is interested but i think the trails may be too tough. Your thoughts?

Also, i will have my huge Power Inverter hooked up as well!

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I'm taking the Land Cruiser, the Jeep is a mall cruiser only for snowy roads.

2wd would be a definite no-no I think. You've got 4 seats right;)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Ok, so who is actually going?

I will be at the Carls in Alpine @ 7am meeting Bryan. Anyone else?

What i am bringing

-Truck
-Water
-Propane BBQ
-3 Cans Of Propane
-Lantern
-Personal Camping Gear
-Spatula
-Some Cups
-Some Napkins
-Snacks for me
-Some Burgers