Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
Got my new Flat Burners today. First impressions are pretty favorable. Three pieces: the stainless steel pan, the drop-in burner and hose, and the grate. Very simple, and robust. Will connect up with isopro and propane to see what the flame pattern looks like, as well as how it is at simmer and full heat, when I get a day off.

The only minor concern is that the black burner dish is slotted for some reason, so any pot that overflows will end up dripping on anything below the burner (I have one of the hanging racks I really like). Certainly not a deal breaker.

So far, much preferred over the Baja Burner for my needs. I also like that I can leave the stove legs at home; makes the package that much lighter.

Update: I measured between the grate "horns" for pan capacity; it's 9 inches, which is the same width from inside edge to edge of the stainless steel pan. However, the grate top seems pretty flush with the edge of the pan, so you're mainly limited by the "horns". Nice flame pattern, as with any SP stove.
Any idea what this is for?

Attachments

Riptide

Explorer
Any idea what this is for?
Ha ha ha!! I have no idea, either. I asked SP HQ, and they told me that it was to hang the burner control from, by dropping it into the slot the corners, then dropping the whole thing into the IGT frame. Which I said was baloney, since the burner control was designed to hang from the IGT frame track, which is MUCH more convenient than that little bracket.

The directions, which are not in English, make no mention of the little bracket. I don't know what the dimples are for, either.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Thanks for the link Chris! That is a nice setup. I was only joking about the CO issue :). The lounge tent looks pretty well ventilated. Hope SP decides to sell the table extensions in the US, I would get a couple of those.
Ok, I did go full cheerleader and headed off to the “Snow Peak HQ Lounge” in Seoul last week. It was a 3 story showroom, albeit not that large on each floor, (maybe the size of an average American house floor). But this van was outside and clearly they were just packing for an outdoor trip. I wanted to steal that van!

First floor was mostly apparel, but they had the new burner and some of the other 2018 IGT stuff on display, including a IGT3 with a windscreen. When I chuckled out loud, the “host” wondered what I found funny. I had to educate him what a “unicorn” was. They had this one and an IGT4 windscreen. If I thought I could carry it on the plane I probably would have grabbed it. They wouldn’t ship from this location to the US. They were surprised we couldn’t get some of this stuff...

The 2nd floor was the “Outdoor Lifestyle Experience” and was all the kit we love. I spent about an hour or so going through everything on this floor and “experiencing” the place. I knew and had seen much of the stuff, but maybe not been able to handle it and ask questions.

As is our experience, a lot of what they had on display was “out of stock” but they had really good things in stock too. The coveted “lounge slide table” was out of stock there too. They said it’s very popular. They had some good stuff we don’t ever see like this 60th anniversary LandStation Pro shelter. I’ve drooled on this setup for a long time. Here it was and I could walk out with it! Too bad it was $1200 USD. No way I could justify that.

Fun to see how they setup an “outdoor lifestyle”. Yes that appears to be a baby chair.

The 3rd floor was another area where they could setup tents with a fake grass floor. They had a couple of the new 2018 dome tents setup here. It also serves as their “repair department”. I didn’t get a photo here, but I did have a long chat with the manager who was very curious about why I had come halfway across Seoul (much less the world!) to check out their shop. He and I exchanged photos on our phones on camping styles and locations. It was fun to explain that some us have embraced snow peak to a degree. He just thought we all RV’d in the US.

I showed him this thread and he had a good chuckle. It was fun to exchange he cultures and we all agreed that going to camp at the base of Mt Fuji was a dream we have... one of them had done it with SP HQ staff. That would be awesome.

Fun time, spending a little over 2 hours there. I did manage to bring back some soft bags, some short 300/400 legs, and some other small gear that I could fit in the a new SP soft tote for carry-on.

Trust me, if they would have had the lounge tables in stock, I would have been tempted to find a way to check those in as baggage!

Riptide

Explorer
Ok, I did go full cheerleader and headed off to the “Snow Peak HQ Lounge” in Seoul last week. It was a 3 story showroom, albeit not that large on each floor, (maybe the size of an average American house floor).

Fun time, spending a little over 2 hours there. I did manage to bring back some soft bags, some short 300/400 legs, and some other small gear that I could fit in the a new SP soft tote for carry-on.

Trust me, if they would have had the lounge tables in stock, I would have been tempted to find a way to check those in as baggage!
Man, what a great side trip!! I would have spent way too much money there, and hustled my butt down o Korea Post and shipped it all home!!

Thanks for sharing, Chris!!

dcg141

Adventurer
Ha ha ha!! I have no idea, either. I asked SP HQ, and they told me that it was to hang the burner control from, by dropping it into the slot the corners, then dropping the whole thing into the IGT frame. Which I said was baloney, since the burner control was designed to hang from the IGT frame track, which is MUCH more convenient than that little bracket.

The directions, which are not in English, make no mention of the little bracket. I don't know what the dimples are for, either.
Hmmm..I will file it under non essential paraphernalia.

jtosbo00

Observer
My Two Cents on Kai & Cat:

I just got my shipment from Kai & Cat and it was a quick shipment to Japan. Over the summer, my dad loved my SP gear and I gave him my 4U IGT table, burner stove, legs and windscreen. Since I was moving to Japan, it was easy to do and I have been on the hunt to get the ever elusive windscreen ever since I moved here in August. So.... buoyed on the initial positive reviews in here, I took a chance on K&C and purchased two 4U windscreens, two IGT hanging racks, and IGT dish stand. Overall, very good quality and workmanship on everything.

IGT Dish Stand
The IGT dish stand was marked down because of some scratches but these were pretty minor and its going to get scratched up anyway. Now, I wasn't quite sure what its purpose is for since the translation was confusing. For the marked down version, it says dish stand but on the full priced version, it is "cooking rack". Maybe somebody here can explain this. If it is for storing dishes, the depth of the bottom part has me concerned if it is deep enough to hold dishes upright. I haven't seen any pictures of one actually in use. Unfortunately, my SP dishes are back in the USA in storage to try it out. Regardless if it is or not for dishes, I plan to used it for storing spices, condiments, etc. Their spice rack looks nice but I don't want to be limited to round bottles in my use cases.

IGT 4U Windscreen
On their windscreens, I like the half-circle notches, which appears that they are for hanging the pot lids which is a nice touch. It's not a huge deal, but I don't like their logo which is etched on the back of the screens. LOL! I didn't bother posting the windscreens since there is already a photo of them posted above.

IGT Hanging Rack
On the IGT hanging rack, love the fact they included two adapters to allow it to attach with the windscreen mounted on the long side of the SP table.

Side Note
I've got two lounge slides on order from Amazon Japan and will be getting those next week. Not taking a chance on missing out on these and find out later SP has decided to stop making them for some odd reason. I'm debating when to get the replacement 4U IGT table or if I just get the Garden Table for now and use it while I live in Tokyo for the next few years. It's a matter of having adequate space on our balcony, weather/storage logistics. Since I'm right here in Japan, if you have any questions about their products that you can't find answers to, let me know. It's quite easy for me to run down the nearest L'Breath or Snow Peak store and get whatever info (dimensions, product questions, photos, etc.).

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Last edited:

SanJoe

Snow Peak Lounge Seats/Pillows
I received the first parts of the lounge setup that I purchased. The Pillows arrived. at first I was thinking of not ordering these, but once I bought the entire lounge, I thought what the heck and purchased the remaining pillows. I was pleasantly impressed when they arrived. I am a older guy and really don't like the traditional Japanese method of sitting on the floor eating, but these pillows actually fold and allow for a much more comfortable sitting position. The foam in them is very firm and in the folded position, they are perfect. I bought them in the Olive and it appears they come in orange also. I ordered 6 of them for my lounge setup. I highly recommend them for comfort. Let me know if you need any more data... Image attached

Attachments

Riptide

Explorer
Here are some images showing that clip in use. It’s to hang the fuel when using the lite version of the IGT table.
Well, I stand corrected. I didn't think about the IGT Lite table.

When you use the bracket with the regular IGT, the knob is pretty far under the stove, and the torque of the hose kinda cocked everything out of whack.

But the dimples are still a mystery! ;-)