Snow Peak Addiction

WestWorld

The mesh rack and trash can look about the same or at least the same frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen the two items in person but yes, it looks like the frame is the same for both. I have the older SP trash bin. It's simpler in design and holds two bags compared to three bags in the newer model.

motoz

Adventurer
Oh yeah, that's what I call cooking. Love it !
Care to share the recipe for the Beef Short Ribs ? Braised and grilled or only braised?
Baby paksoi as a side dish?
Eryngii are some of the tastiest mushrooms around.
All in all a Five Star Meal :D
Very astute Chef...

Yes the Short Ribs were sugar / salt cured for 3hrs then poached in ‘master stock’.
I use this mostly for a lot of Duck, Chicken & Pork dishes but also works with Beef.

Basically a stock base with Star Anise, Fennel, Cinnamon, Clove, Szechwan Pepper & Coriander seed. Fresh Ginger, Garlic, Scallions with Soy Sauce and palm sugar.

As I was cooking Beef I added carrot, celery and Onion to the stock and 1 chilli for a bit of bite.

I poached the ribs for about 1hr then cooled before finishing them on the charcoal.

The greens were Bok Choy with XO Sauce (home made)

And the Oyster Mushrooms were just grilled then lightly baked in the micro oval. Garnished with Katsu Bonito.

It wasn’t really a planned dish, the wife told me around lunchtime that a friend were coming for dinner @ 6pm.

I couldn’t be bothered going to the shops so I just used what we had in the fridge

jtosbo00

Observer
UniFlame

Someone or a few mentioned UniFlame in this thread before and recommended the brand. I purchased a few UniFlame products lately.

After getting the hanging rack from Cat & Kai, I wasn’t too crazy using the included hooks to hang the utensils. That’s when I saw how UniFlame’s tools were designed. Wish I had these sooner! If you have a similar setup, I would recommend these!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BritKLR

Explorer
.......dipped my first toe into the Snow Peak pond......just got this little lantern for the fun of it and already amazed by it s form, function and quality.......oh boy.....

motoz

Adventurer
Not entirely SP though I did a little lunch cook the other day with our IKEA ‘Hobo Stove’

Steak, Ginger Tea and Marshmallows for dessert

The stove is a modified IKEA cutlery bucket. Stainless Steel and makes a great little biomass cooking option. Easily heats a cast pan and boils 1lt of water in around 6 min.
Cheap and very effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

briferg

Observer
Not entirely SP though I did a little lunch cook the other day with our IKEA ‘Hobo Stove’

Steak, Ginger Tea and Marshmallows for dessert

The stove is a modified IKEA cutlery bucket. Stainless Steel and makes a great little biomass cooking option. Easily heats a cast pan and boils 1lt of water in around 6 min.
Cheap and very effective.

I was looking at that little stove and I thought hey that looks like my... yup it is! Great idea!

motoz

Adventurer
I was looking at that little stove and I thought hey that looks like my... yup it is! Great idea!
Ha thanks mate. Yep it’s a little ripper and for only a few dollars I don’t think you can get better bang for buck.

Riptide

Explorer
What a tasty looking meal!

Inquiring minds want to know though: Did the titanium spork make the cast iron pan possible?

motoz

Adventurer

At this stage I’ve just been using angle I had lying around. I’m going to revisit and make a trivet type base stand from Aluminium.

So I found a few hrs to have some shed time today. I used a bit of 3mm Aluminium plate and made some new trivets for the Hobo Stove.

I decided not to cut a feed port in the side of this one. As I made the top trivet taller you can direct feed sticks into the top of the stove. For the test run I started on Biomass then dropped a couple lumps of charcoal in. It burned for over 30min with a consistent heat coming off.

These really are a fun little stove to play around with that really pack a punch.

labraca

Can anyone who owns the recently released Grill Burner comment on its heat output in respect of cooking results? Only 7000 BTU makes me worried that it is too weak to do any serious searing. Would also appreciate comments on the ease of cleaning and sticking properties of the cast iron.