Snow Peak Addiction

jtosbo00

Observer
Anyone with a single action table experience issues with the bamboo top splitting? I’m hoping there’s a solution out there for this. Otherwise, should I expect this to worsen?Appreciate any input.
I don’t have the single action table but have plenty of bamboo IGT inserts that get exposed to sunlight and some moisture/water. None of them have developed cracks. I always dry them off pretty much immediately if they do get wet and keep them out of the rain.

Any idea how the cracks formed or did you get the defective product straight out of the box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lennart

Adventurer
Anyone with a single action table experience issues with the bamboo top splitting? I’m hoping there’s a solution out there for this. Otherwise, should I expect this to worsen?Appreciate any input.
I have had the single action table for 10 years now and none of that has happened. I think I have one extension table which has a small crack in the varnish but nothing like this. I think you should contact SP about this.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Who has a Field Cooker Pro set (CS-600)? Do you like it?

Seems like it's max dimensions are 11 X 6.5 inches. Can anyone confirm that?

Also wondering if it's possible to purchase a second handle so that a fellow could use a pot and pan at once.

wolf-camp

Have the CS-600 Set in use since 2015.
Well made and very versatile. Material is thick enough for a perfect heat distribution.
Teflon coating is still fine, but I use only wooden spatula or silicone spoons.
Price is high but worth it.
The rice pot was the biggest (positive) surprise as this pot doesn't boil over with pasta and rice, so already this item makes the set worth to buy.
The high pan is excellent for bigger portions or curries (covers well 4 hungry people) and the low pan is also fine.
Snow peak should offer the removable grip separately as spare part, but as I own also the Tamago Pan and the SP Wok I have 3 Grips in total.

For transport I have added some cheap felt liners (Pan & Pot Protectors) when I stack the Set together.

We use the set when out for camping or on longer trips (down to NZ) when self catering is better that having Fish and Chips every second day :)

Wolf

Use with IGT:

1920 SP Setup 1.jpg

Use with gas stove of accommodation or Primus Gas Burners (All Photos from NZ trip)

CS-600 001.jpg

CS-600 Potatoes Ham and Cheese.jpg

CS-600 Salad Bowl with Rib Eye.jpg

wolf-camp

Dimensions of the original carton are 290x290x190mm where the Set fits tightlly.

Diameter of large Pot = 282mm
Length incl. Grip Mount = 315mm
Height of Stacked Set = 170mm

Wolf

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I love the single grill box and use it on every camping trip. But, it seems like it is starving for air. I purchased the riser to help with air flow....but I dunno. Seems like it could get hotter.

Has anyone messed around with their single grill and made it better? Added some new holes maybe?

motoz

Adventurer
Where did you get the little fold-up, disposable coffee filters? Those look handy.
They’re actually pre filled coffee bags. From a company here in Australia called Grounded Drops.

Fresh roasted and ground. You just tear off the top and pour over your hot water. Biodegradable and ultra convenient when your on the move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
IGT sinks.

I found this sink and might try to fit it into an IGT. The bowl is 10w X 12 long X 5.5 deep. All a fellow needs to do is cut off one inch on each side, and you'd have a single-unit IGT module of 10 X 14. Since an IGT unit measures about 9 7/8 or 9 15/16 wide and needs a flange up to 14.25 long in imperial (depending on which module you measure) I'm pretty sure it would work if a fellow is willing to gamble a hundred bucks.

Also thinking about finding a plug for the drain hole. Probably easier to pick it up to dump it rather than monkey around with a drain line.

I've seen some other IGT sink setups, but, has anyone here tried to fit a stainless one?

Honu

lost on the mainland
IGT sinks.

I found this sink and might try to fit it into an IGT. The bowl is 10w X 12 long X 5.5 deep. All a fellow needs to do is cut off one inch on each side, and you'd have a single-unit IGT module of 10 X 14. Since an IGT unit measures about 9 7/8 or 9 15/16 wide and needs a flange up to 14.25 long in imperial (depending on which module you measure) I'm pretty sure it would work if a fellow is willing to gamble a hundred bucks.

Also thinking about finding a plug for the drain hole. Probably easier to pick it up to dump it rather than monkey around with a drain line.

I've seen some other IGT sink setups, but, has anyone here tried to fit a stainless one?
did a stainless chafing dish/pan one for a bit then gave up with it being inset as I preferred to leave the IGT cooking prep only
just preference :)
Also they are super cheap :)

just put the stainless dish on the burner to heat up the water origin of that came from someone else here at one point ? And it sets on the stove when cleaning then goes away super easy

also have a plastic bin still and use it some here is a older shot of my water setup
I can move this anywhere with the clamp also I prefer the foot pump if my hands are dirty greasy nothing touches handles so easy cleanup just press the bulb with foot and great flow control
the black gets some heat in the daytime

also use it this way without the IGT setup

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
did a stainless chafing dish/pan one for a bit then gave up with it being inset as I preferred to leave the IGT cooking prep only
just preference :)
Also they are super cheap :)

just put the stainless dish on the burner to heat up the water origin of that came from someone else here at one point ? And it sets on the stove when cleaning then goes away super easy

also have a plastic bin still and use it some here is a older shot of my water setup
I can move this anywhere with the clamp also I prefer the foot pump if my hands are dirty greasy nothing touches handles so easy cleanup just press the bulb with foot and great flow control
the black gets some heat in the daytime

also use it this way without the IGT setup
Is that a foot pump? Pretty cool! I will probably do some sort of gravity-fed system on my setup due to having shelf storage above the IGT.

My problem is that I'm really trying to have everything fit into the IGT. A sink module could be used for storage up until it's time to wash dishes...then it would become storage again.

I do not want a drain. The closest I've found is a "half food warmer dish" but they aren't quite long enough. I'm going to do some checking to see if anyone will make custom-sized stainless steel pans.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Yeah it’s a primer bulb like you would use for outboard engines etc..... river rafting guides use that setup a lot
also some boats have nice foot pedal style primer pumps in the galley

chafing pans are a touch short so couple holes in the lip and some small tweaking to get them to work as a drop in

worth trying both water setups if ya can I reckon :)
I used to do gravity and switched I use less water this way and again dirty hands don’t touch anything
the pump and hose end of camp go in a small nylon bag to keep the ground dirt isolated from other camp gear
I love love the foot pump system :)

Riptide

Explorer
I found that the problem with using metal for the sink is that it cools off pretty quick. Plus, the bigger the sink, the more water it takes to fill it to any depth.

I use a small IKEA tub/container, and fitted it to an IKEA cutting board one IGT unit in size. Works great, and about 20 bucks total.