Snow Peak Addiction

DonTom

Well ventilated and I'd suggest your gogi marinade be fairly dry to keep the smoke factor low :)

LOL... We put our heads in a highly recommended Yakiniku restaurant in Hokkaido last week. NO ventilation, could barely see across the room for the smoke. Went down the road to the one with extractors above each table.

Tonight's al-fresco setup, Yakiniku on the IGT, shabu-Shabu on the Baja burner. Loving this kit!
ebfc855e4be3df64216e2791c78418e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umnak

Adventurer
I've been using our Baja Stove and Small Fireplace while on our 2-3 year North American Road Trip. With a few months layover in North Carolina, both are now used less. I've thought a lot about the size of the Fireplace -- should we have bought a medium ? And, in the end, I believe the small is perfect for two people. We use it to cook and as a hand warmer. It's great under a tarp.

DSCF7439.jpg

DSCF8811.jpg

P1200196.jpg

cc tacoma

Observer
More Snowpeak photos.

I finally figured out how to re-size photos off of my camera to post :victory:

I managed to pick up some used snowpeak gear from a member here on the forum as well as a riser from cactusjk (works awesome!) I took it out a couple of months ago for an 8 day trip in Utah. Here are a few photos to feed everyone addiction.
general set up.
fpsetupm.jpg
The riser from cactusjk is really clean and very functional
riserm.jpg
coalsm.jpg
grillinm.jpg
As it turns out..... Snowpeak is a pretty decent place to whip up a few cocktails!
barsetupm.jpg

Attachments

• fpimageic.jpg
    fpimageic.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 455
  • riserpic.jpg
    riserpic.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 455
  • coals.jpg
    coals.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 461
  • grillin.jpg
    grillin.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 456
  • barshot.jpg
    barshot.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 453

Lennart

Adventurer
I've been using our Baja Stove and Small Fireplace while on our 2-3 year North American Road Trip. With a few months layover in North Carolina, both are now used less. I've thought a lot about the size of the Fireplace -- should we have bought a medium ? And, in the end, I believe the small is perfect for two people. We use it to cook and as a hand warmer. It's great under a tarp.

If you are not carrying it and space is not at a premium, get the Large :)
I started out with the medium, went back to the dealer and traded it for a large and later added a small. If I am backpacking, the small comes along. For all other times I prefer the Large.
I traded in the medium because it didn't allow the variety in setups that the Large does (grill net and plate/griddle side by side).

My 2 cents ....

jerdog53

Explorer

I managed to pick up some used snowpeak gear from a member here on the forum as well as a riser from cactusjk (works awesome!) I took it out a couple of months ago for an 8 day trip in Utah. Here are a few photos to feed everyone addiction.
general set up.
View attachment 324209
View attachment 324210
View attachment 324211
View attachment 324212
As it turns out..... Snowpeak is a pretty decent place to whip up a few cocktails!
View attachment 324213

:luxhello:

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer

general set up.
View attachment 324209
View attachment 324210
View attachment 324211
View attachment 324212
View attachment 324213

Wow, nice set-up! I really like that Nemo "awning", do you have more pics and details by chance?

Cheers!

briferg

Observer
Thanks, more the merrier on details, esp of the corners and tabs when attached to the IGT.
I hear ya on the weight and choices available for the IGT. In Qatar (where I live), all camping is via truck. When skiing, or hunting/hiking, the titanium Snow Peak pots, bowls etc are a godsend.

Sorry no pics of the windscreen posted - I can't find it. I thought I had all my stuff and I checked my storage today, but no luck yet.

harbinger808

Adventurer
similar to yuman desert rat :)

I am asking Adventure Tool Company about making a custom IGT case using ideas posted earlier in this thread. Is anyone else interested?

I think the book-page dividers to protect each layer was a good idea. Also loops for legs. Similar to this case:

View attachment 327169

View attachment 327170

EDIT: Here starting on post 882 was the start of some good discussion: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58091-Snow-Peak-Addiction?p=1594154#post1594154

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior