Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Gentlemen... I feel your pain and frustration.... I had been trying for YEARS to get my hands on a windscreen.... in my extensive research I came across whispers of the possibility of them making them again available in Japan... not sure whenits happening but its a glimmer of hope.

Anyone interested in a case, please PM me. Thanks.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Does anyone on here own a set? They shouldn't be that difficult to replicate. I have access to CAD and a fab shop. We could do a group order.

Gentlemen... I feel your pain and frustration.... I had been trying for YEARS to get my hands on a windscreen.... in my extensive research I came across whispers of the possibility of them making them again available in Japan... not sure whenits happening but its a glimmer of hope.

Anyone interested in a case, please PM me. Thanks.

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Does anyone on here own a set? They shouldn't be that difficult to replicate. I have access to CAD and a fab shop. We could do a group order.

I had started down this road as well and received support from others here. I ran out of bandwidth and haven't pursued further. I have images and some measurements. PM me or look back in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcg141

Adventurer
I have a couple of Snow Peak items but I cannot figure out if the lack of information and availability from them is brilliant marketing or just that they don't care to bother with it.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
As most of my gear is currently packed for a trip and I am out of country:

Can anyone comment if yo can use the bamboo insert on top of the stainless box units (assume with the box lid removed? Snow peak shows a 4u with a bunch of boxes in, but no top. Seems silly if you can't...

jtosbo00

Observer
As most of my gear is currently packed for a trip and I am out of country:

Can anyone comment if yo can use the bamboo insert on top of the stainless box units (assume with the box lid removed? Snow peak shows a 4u with a bunch of boxes in, but no top. Seems silly if you can't...

Unfortunately, no you can’t place a bamboo table insert on top of a SS box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chrys

Observer
Yes you absolutely can if we're talking about the same thing. I think you might be referring to this photo?
41HrjAYoTvL.jpg

And these inserts:

bd40fd9a-8c39-4021-b7b1-7bfafdb5c656

You can definitely put the bamboo inserts on top of any of these boxes to cover it as long as you remove the SS lid. I usually bring my 4u and 2unit setups and I make the 2 unit a prep table. So I have a stainless box underneath the bamboo with my dishes in it. I used to put my silverware under another bamboo on the other side, but now with the box hangar, I put it on the outside for easier access.

jtosbo00

Observer
I stand corrected! I thought you could not. So a 1 unit bamboo table insert will fit on top of a full size SS box (1 unit)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chrys

Observer
Correct! It will also fit over two half-boxes side by side, obviously... It makes it nice and tidy that way.

Some pro tips and downsides:
-Make sure you put the finger hold of the bamboo on the outsides when you put the bamboo down, this will make a closer seal in the middle which is important if you decide to cut on the bamboo. You don't want whatever you're cutting to run into your dishes/stuff underneath.

-I now use the SP knife and cutting board on top of the bamboo on this prep table to prevent juices running...

-Keeping stuff that you have to access often under the bamboo kind of sucks. The bamboo is now dirty from prep and you're constantly lifting it to get access. That's why I leave my dishes under there as they are accessed less frequently, but now hang my silverware on the outside of the prep table as I'm constantly digging in there for knives, spatulas, etc, etc. It's not as compact as having everything underneath, but more handy.

-Add the paper towel holder to this prep table and you're golden.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I use the lid to my partner stove as a tray and everything stays contained :)

would not want anything running into my clean stuff or even close :) the lid tray idea comes with a great stove to :) hahahahah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles