Snow Peak Addiction

Lennart

Adventurer
I was supposed to get it last week but for some reason DHL sent it back to Amazon Japan. Hoping just some error on shipping label and they re-ship since the price has gone up. ?

I think the gas grill will be easier for clean-ups especially breakfast so we can head out ASAP. Love the Double BBQ grill I have but it requires more time resources.

UPDATE: I just got an email from Amazon JP that they deemed the Gas Grill as exportable but DHL thought otherwise and thus was not able to ship overseas. :-( I placed a new order with some other stuff to see what happens this time.

UPDATE 2: The 2nd attempt made it out of Japan and US Customs has already released it (although it is still in mid-flight). I should have it tomorrow. I’m guessing that Japan DHL had mistaken the 1st shipment as containing a gas canister.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My grill arrived yesterday :sombrero:

roundheadlights

My grill arrived yesterday :sombrero:

I received my grill last week and used it for the first time a couple days ago. Not sure how I feel about it yet, though I've only cooked a couple burgers on it. Seems like a gas powered version of a George Foreman grill and I think I would've preferred a more traditional design. I may experiment with using the wire grill from the BBQ Box, but I think I'd need some sort of diffuser for the burner to make this work.

Lennart

Adventurer
I received my grill last week and used it for the first time a couple days ago. Not sure how I feel about it yet, though I've only cooked a couple burgers on it. Seems like a gas powered version of a George Foreman grill and I think I would've preferred a more traditional design. I may experiment with using the wire grill from the BBQ Box, but I think I'd need some sort of diffuser for the burner to make this work.

Keep me posted. I have yet to fire it up, but I too would have liked to have the ability to 'air' grill as well as 'contact' grill.
I have been searching for some inspirational pics from Snow Peak. Usually they have pics of meals cooked on their grills, pots and pans, but I have not found any for the GS-355.
A diffuser could just be a perforated stainless steel plate could it not?

From the info on the snow peak website it seems as though they changed the design to make clean up easier? I am sure that is the case. It would have been nice to let us decide whether we want to do some clean or dirty grilling ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles