Snow Peak Addiction

TheBlueBus

Busdriver
Which set do you mean? I'm not familiar with a Capp set, but I have the Barista set and use it every day, at home and at camp. Their little grinder is the least-messy way I've found to grind coffee (as far as grinds being all over the counter when you are done).

I think it's just called Cafe Latte set? Like a french press and another thingy to froth milk, which i am quite curious about, since i can't really stand coffee without milk foam hehe.

chrys

Observer
Hello all! I am going to be selling my Large Fireplace starter kit (case, bridge, grill, baseplate) plus the optional risers... If you are local to LA that is! I'm not sure how much this beast would be to ship... PM if interested, can work on the price if you are a forum member! I might also have a couple super rare Snow Peak items that I am going to be posting soon and those are small enough to mail...

Like a brand new Snow Peak Oshibori towel...
https://image.rakuten.co.jp/honda-walk/cabinet/snowpeak/tw-080-img01.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/d/snow-peak-pack-and-carry/6673216769.html

Cheers!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I think it's just called Cafe Latte set? Like a french press and another thingy to froth milk, which i am quite curious about, since i can't really stand coffee without milk foam hehe.

Ah, I see it now. I don't have any experience with that one sir. It's probably awesome though. :)

Bobzdar

Observer

FYI, you can foam milk with a french press. I make camp cappuccino like that, heat milk in a teapot and brew espresso in a stove top (4 serving) espresso maker, froth the milk in the french press and pour into 2 servings of espresso and voila, 3 minute cappuccinos for two with minimal equipment.

TheBlueBus

Busdriver
Sounds good! I already thought about simply using the Frenchpress since their milk foam thingy pretty much looked like one (or even is one)

Riptide

Explorer
Got my new Flat Burners today. First impressions are pretty favorable. Three pieces: the stainless steel pan, the drop-in burner and hose, and the grate. Very simple, and robust. Will connect up with isopro and propane to see what the flame pattern looks like, as well as how it is at simmer and full heat, when I get a day off.

The only minor concern is that the black burner dish is slotted for some reason, so any pot that overflows will end up dripping on anything below the burner (I have one of the hanging racks I really like). Certainly not a deal breaker.

So far, much preferred over the Baja Burner for my needs. I also like that I can leave the stove legs at home; makes the package that much lighter.

Update: I measured between the grate "horns" for pan capacity; it's 9 inches, which is the same width from inside edge to edge of the stainless steel pan. However, the grate top seems pretty flush with the edge of the pan, so you're mainly limited by the "horns". Nice flame pattern, as with any SP stove.

Last edited:

Mtbkers

Hi, I've read through the thread and can't see if anyone has managed to find a source for a windscreen for the IGT. I've tried using those 9 piece shields for camp stoves, but they're useless. If anyone knows of anyone who's making shields, I'd love to hear from them. It's got to be a money maker as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who needs one.

Minor Threat

Hi, I've read through the thread and can't see if anyone has managed to find a source for a windscreen for the IGT. I've tried using those 9 piece shields for camp stoves, but they're useless. If anyone knows of anyone who's making shields, I'd love to hear from them. It's got to be a money maker as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who needs one.
I looked for a long time and wasn’t able to find a windscreen or paper towel holder. I eventually ended up buying a complete used IGT set on eBay just for parts. Check out Drifta in Australia they make custom windscreens and sell some other cool Snow Peak related stuff like storage bags.

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
OK, THIS I gotta find...

launge-charcoal-box06.jpg

If I can't find it, I might have to sacrifice an extension table to get the leg brackets and a pair of slide tables to get the tabs, and make a pair of these wing tables. Looks like a 4U IGT...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles