Snow Peak Addiction

SanJoe

I was able to pre order the Takibi and the handles for the couch from Amazon.co.jp. I like the idea of having a fireproof fire resistant shelter, but would have been nice to release the insert for other tents. Will post about it once it arrives. I looked at the low red chairs also, but to ship four of them to the states was way too much. Hopefully, those end up here in the states.

jtosbo00

Observer
Looks like SP USA might be getting some of the new stuff beginning of the new year.

c554b6f47f4682eaeab386cca48268d7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pyro4fun

Snow peak JP is releaseing some cool new stuff for the coming year as well!
A Takoyaki plate CS - 356
5923C1D9-D06B-4A76-8A71-B0B8D3C3F922.png
and A new Entry IGT CK-080
552343D5-0FA4-4EF2-BE7B-7309C3D3982F.png
Looks like the new Entry IGT is a better built IGT slim!

tothetrail

Anyone have a preference between the adjustable legs and the fixed length legs for the IGT?

I just got into this system and went with the adjustable legs with a three-unit table, along with a bamboo table extension. Everything is great, but the table is so wobbly, and I'm thinking it is due to the adjustable legs. They don't fit very tight at the adjustable button point where the lower leg section slips into the upper section. And this is in my living room on a flat hardwood floor, I can't imagine how it would be outside on an uneven surface.

Riptide

Explorer
For me, the flexibility of the two heights, and the shorter storage requirement outweighs the slight wobbliness. That said, if I know I'm only gonna use a standing height section, I'll grab the fixed length legs...

You probably already know about the adjustable feet on the bottom of the legs, right?

tothetrail

For me, the flexibility of the two heights, and the shorter storage requirement outweighs the slight wobbliness. That said, if I know I'm only gonna use a standing height section, I'll grab the fixed length legs...

You probably already know about the adjustable feet on the bottom of the legs, right?
Thanks, it is more apparent at the standing height, so thinking about getting fixed height legs for the IGT and maybe keeping the adjustable legs for the table extension. But. I see what you mean about dealing with the long length of the fixed height.

I'm wondering if I can figure out some kind of shim to stick in the space where the leg sections meet, but I don't want to stretch it and make it worse.

Yes, thanks, I was hoping the feet was the issue, but I only had to adjust one to get it flat.

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
I haven't tried it, but it seems to me that you could pull the inner leg out of the outer leg; the spring pin is inside the inner leg. Then just put a couple of wraps of aluminum tape around the inner leg, and reinsert.

Mark where the outer leg overlaps the inner leg at full extension, and don't apply the tape below that mark. You'll never see it once reinserted. Put a wrap at the top of the inner leg too, to keep it tight the whole length.

I'll take a look when I get home.

tothetrail

I haven't tried it, but it seems to me that you could pull the inner leg out of the outer leg. Then just put a couple of wraps of aluminum tape around the inner leg, and reinsert.

Mark where the outer leg overlaps the inner leg at full extension, and don't apply the tape below that mark. You'll never see it once reinserted. Put a wrap at the top of the inner leg too, to keep it tight the whole length.

I'll take a look when I get home.
That may work, thanks!

pyro4fun

So I’ve tried combing the 3k reply’s in this thread but haven’t found much on storage of your IGT units.
How do you all store and carry your burners and BBQ’s?
I tried a 1550 pelican case, it fit the BBQ box great but I can’t fit my Baja burner or cutting board in it as well.
Looking for a convenient packing solution.

Riptide

Explorer
That may work, thanks!

As you've no doubt noticed, there apparently isn't alot of overlap between the two leg segments at full extension; maybe 2 inches. Not as much as I expected. Regardless, the aluminum tape should work. Unfortuately, I can't find my roll right now, and of course, I was already at the hardware store today. Let us know how it works!

Riptide

Explorer
How do you all store and carry your burners and BBQ’s? Looking for a convenient packing solution.

I sort of pick which items I'm gonna take each time I plan to use it (I have alot of SP stuff). I use one of the canvas single-unit bags; I put a Flat Burner, and two single unit filler boards, one of which fits my IKEA tub that I use for a drop-in sink. I honestly don't take the BBQ boxes along unless we're tailgating, in which case we have more room in the SUV to take stuff, since we're not camping. I do take a stainless box which fits under one of the filler boards, and in it goes all the utensils and brackets and whatnot. The it all goes into my big Action Packer tub, and into the back of my Suzuki Samurai. It makes for a pretty lavish kitchen for such a small vehicle!

For me, the individual "modules" take up less room than putting everything in a Pelican box. But that's just me...

jtosbo00

Observer
So I’ve tried combing the 3k reply’s in this thread but haven’t found much on storage of your IGT units.
How do you all store and carry your burners and BBQ’s?
I tried a 1550 pelican case, it fit the BBQ box great but I can’t fit my Baja burner or cutting board in it as well.
Looking for a convenient packing solution.

I use the 2U Gear Box from SP. I got it in a bundle deal from a local store here in Japan. They are expensive purchased on their own. With the bag, I can stack the BBQ Grill with the 2 burner stove into the bag plus a bamboo insert (also 2U) and a griddle.

images

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles