Snow Peak Addiction

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Um, yeah, I have a set or two. (Hey, I got them when REI had them alot cheaper than they are now).

With the top lid flipped upside down, it's about 5 5/8" inches tall, in the bag. With the lid flipped upright, it's about 6 3/8" tall.

Awesome. Thanks again!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
If you fellows were going to have a custom-made stainless wind screen for IGT stoves (when used in an IGT)....how tall would you make it?

I am thinking that 5 inches tall would be good. But, at this point I could make it much taller if the general consensus is that it would be beneficial.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I received a Baja Burner today. Holy cow. It's either on sauté or off. There is no in-between. Maybe it burns so hot because the pot sits quite a bit above the burner?

Also received a single-unit cutting board. Not only is it plain-old-plywood, it's warped out of the box. I'd pay $10.00 for it, but not $50.00.

Kinda think I'm going to return 'em.

Is the regulator better on the flat burner? I might be willing to deal with the canister flopping around if the stove will actually simmer.

Edit: I tried turning the isobutane so that the valve is up (gas "mode"....not LI) on the Baja and the burner works great. Fine. But there is no place to hang the canister when in an IGT. What the hell?

It looks like I could do a little light fab and make a place to mount the canister and I might do that. Weird.

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
Hi,
Thanks for checking the measurements for SP gear that I requested. While building my IGT drawer it is nice to know that if I pick up some new inserts later they will fit.

I think that there is only one more measurement I'm missing. If it isn't inconvenient, could you check the SP double-stove for clearance under an IGT with the small canisters attached?

It looks like 6 inches of clearance underneath the IGT will be enough for everything SP sells except for the tall butane canisters and a few exceptions. There is a real chance that I'll pick up the Giga double again and it would be a bummer if it is too tall.

Check out the latest posts in my van build thread (in my sig). I managed to splice the two IGT tables and it worked out well.

JC,

From the bottom of the rail that would rest on the IGT frame, a 250 g cylinder measures 6 3/8". With a 500 g cylinder, it measures just under 8 3/4" from the bottom of the rail.

I commented awhile ago about the need for SP to contour the bottom of the stove to accommodate the "shoulders" of the isopro canisters; they hit the stove frame. It's uncharacteristic of SP for such an amateur error...

One option I've been toying with, but haven't nailed down yet, is using some G-Works hoses to connect the two burners to a remote 500 g cylinder, or propane bottle. They make really nice hoses, and with the proper lengths and some routing and securing, one could essentially have a smooth stove bottom, without the bottles hanging. Plus, you could mount the cylinder or bottle somewhere else for easier access. I've attached a picture of one hose that could thread to the lindal threads, and then would use another hose of proper length (and connection, depending on fuel type) to connect from the fuel cylinder to the black tee shown on the right. That would also allow you to lower the working height of the stove, since you don't have to accommodate the cylinders.

I have a bunch of hoses that I got from a seller on ebay a few years ago.

Double burner bottom.jpeg

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
JC,

From the bottom of the rail that would rest on the IGT frame, a 250 g cylinder measures 6 3/8". With a 500 g cylinder, it measures just under 8 3/4" from the bottom of the rail.

I commented awhile ago about the need for SP to contour the bottome of the stove to accommodate the "shoulders" of the isopro canisters; they hit the stove frame. It's uncharactheristic of SP for such an amateur error...

One option I've been toying with, but haven't nailed down yet, is using some G-Works hoses to connect the two burners to a remote 500 g cylinder, or propane bottle. They make really nice hoses, and with the proper lengths and some routing and securing, one could essentially have a smooth stove bottom, without the bottles hanging. Plus, you could mount the cylinder or bottle somewhere else for easier access. I've attached a picture of one hose that could thread to the lindal threads, and then would use another hose of proper length (and connection, depending on fuel type) to connect from the fuel cylinder to the black tee shown on the right. That would also allow you to lower the working height of the stove, since you don't have to accommodate the cylinders.

I have a bunch of hoses that I got from a seller on ebay a few years ago.

View attachment 558719

Thanks. You did mention the bottom clearance earlier in the thread but I missed it. Sorry about that. It will be pretty slick if you figure out how to run both burners with one hookup.

I've decided that I'm not interested in using the Baja in liquid mode. Just doesn't work worth a crap IMO. So today I took it apart and rigged it to hang a iso canister underneath right-side-up.

6.jpeg

If anyone wants to see the details of this mod it is in my Van build thread.

The only thing that bothers me is that generator next to the burner. It's obviously meant to warm the liquid iso before it hits the burner. Since I'm not going to be burning liquid, I'm worried that it might explode or something.

Does anyone know if it's safe to use the LI Baja in gas mode (canister right-side-up)? As usual, the SP manual doesn't warn against it (but does say that you need to light the stove in gas mode).

Honu

lost on the mainland
If you fellows were going to have a custom-made stainless wind screen for IGT stoves (when used in an IGT)....how tall would you make it?

I am thinking that 5 inches tall would be good. But, at this point I could make it much taller if the general consensus is that it would be beneficial.
Just use the SP screen or model after that and inset your stove would be my vote :)
think the SP is a bit taller then 5 inches ? Not sure exact height

link to what I did (same as the one in my wig line)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Just use the SP screen or model after that and inset your stove would be my vote :)
think the SP is a bit taller then 5 inches ? Not sure exact height

link to what I did (same as the one in my wig line)

Thanks. I couldn't get my Baja burner to boil water in 30º weather (no windscreen).....so I think I'll add an 8-inch wind screen on my IGT and try it again. Most likely I'll install one of my Partner stoves into the IGT. Still have to play with the Baja a bit, but I don't think it's going to be my primary warmer-upper.

redsands

Anyone with a single action table experience issues with the bamboo top splitting? I’m hoping there’s a solution out there for this. Otherwise, should I expect this to worsen?Appreciate any input.

Attachments

• B7245409-5358-4397-B7EB-E9A81B43B229.jpeg
    B7245409-5358-4397-B7EB-E9A81B43B229.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 3512CE3A-282B-4D2C-B233-7928B4ADD200.jpeg
    3512CE3A-282B-4D2C-B233-7928B4ADD200.jpeg
    757.6 KB · Views: 70

jtosbo00

Observer
Anyone with a single action table experience issues with the bamboo top splitting? I’m hoping there’s a solution out there for this. Otherwise, should I expect this to worsen?Appreciate any input.

I don’t have the single action table but have plenty of bamboo IGT inserts that get exposed to sunlight and some moisture/water. None of them have developed cracks. I always dry them off pretty much immediately if they do get wet and keep them out of the rain.

Any idea how the cracks formed or did you get the defective product straight out of the box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lennart

Adventurer

I have had the single action table for 10 years now and none of that has happened. I think I have one extension table which has a small crack in the varnish but nothing like this. I think you should contact SP about this.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Who has a Field Cooker Pro set (CS-600)? Do you like it?

Seems like it's max dimensions are 11 X 6.5 inches. Can anyone confirm that?

Also wondering if it's possible to purchase a second handle so that a fellow could use a pot and pan at once.

wolf-camp

Have the CS-600 Set in use since 2015.
Well made and very versatile. Material is thick enough for a perfect heat distribution.
Teflon coating is still fine, but I use only wooden spatula or silicone spoons.
Price is high but worth it.
The rice pot was the biggest (positive) surprise as this pot doesn't boil over with pasta and rice, so already this item makes the set worth to buy.
The high pan is excellent for bigger portions or curries (covers well 4 hungry people) and the low pan is also fine.
Snow peak should offer the removable grip separately as spare part, but as I own also the Tamago Pan and the SP Wok I have 3 Grips in total.

For transport I have added some cheap felt liners (Pan & Pot Protectors) when I stack the Set together.

We use the set when out for camping or on longer trips (down to NZ) when self catering is better that having Fish and Chips every second day :)

Wolf

Use with IGT:

1920 SP Setup 1.jpg

Use with gas stove of accommodation or Primus Gas Burners (All Photos from NZ trip)

CS-600 001.jpg

CS-600 Potatoes Ham and Cheese.jpg

CS-600 Salad Bowl with Rib Eye.jpg

wolf-camp

Dimensions of the original carton are 290x290x190mm where the Set fits tightlly.

Diameter of large Pot = 282mm
Length incl. Grip Mount = 315mm
Height of Stacked Set = 170mm

Wolf

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I love the single grill box and use it on every camping trip. But, it seems like it is starving for air. I purchased the riser to help with air flow....but I dunno. Seems like it could get hotter.

Has anyone messed around with their single grill and made it better? Added some new holes maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier