Snow Peak Addiction

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Outside, Coffee and Snow Peak Ti...

416d5bd6ffdc8ba0803c0212fc339193.jpg

556304539a6408098de750c1659665d1.jpg

Everything tastes better in Titanium

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you get the little fold-up, disposable coffee filters? Those look handy.

motoz

Adventurer
Where did you get the little fold-up, disposable coffee filters? Those look handy.

They’re actually pre filled coffee bags. From a company here in Australia called Grounded Drops.

Fresh roasted and ground. You just tear off the top and pour over your hot water. Biodegradable and ultra convenient when your on the move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
IGT sinks.

I found this sink and might try to fit it into an IGT. The bowl is 10w X 12 long X 5.5 deep. All a fellow needs to do is cut off one inch on each side, and you'd have a single-unit IGT module of 10 X 14. Since an IGT unit measures about 9 7/8 or 9 15/16 wide and needs a flange up to 14.25 long in imperial (depending on which module you measure) I'm pretty sure it would work if a fellow is willing to gamble a hundred bucks.

Also thinking about finding a plug for the drain hole. Probably easier to pick it up to dump it rather than monkey around with a drain line.

I've seen some other IGT sink setups, but, has anyone here tried to fit a stainless one?

Honu

lost on the mainland
IGT sinks.

I found this sink and might try to fit it into an IGT. The bowl is 10w X 12 long X 5.5 deep. All a fellow needs to do is cut off one inch on each side, and you'd have a single-unit IGT module of 10 X 14. Since an IGT unit measures about 9 7/8 or 9 15/16 wide and needs a flange up to 14.25 long in imperial (depending on which module you measure) I'm pretty sure it would work if a fellow is willing to gamble a hundred bucks.

Also thinking about finding a plug for the drain hole. Probably easier to pick it up to dump it rather than monkey around with a drain line.

I've seen some other IGT sink setups, but, has anyone here tried to fit a stainless one?

did a stainless chafing dish/pan one for a bit then gave up with it being inset as I preferred to leave the IGT cooking prep only
just preference :)
Also they are super cheap :)

just put the stainless dish on the burner to heat up the water origin of that came from someone else here at one point ? And it sets on the stove when cleaning then goes away super easy

also have a plastic bin still and use it some here is a older shot of my water setup
I can move this anywhere with the clamp also I prefer the foot pump if my hands are dirty greasy nothing touches handles so easy cleanup just press the bulb with foot and great flow control
the black gets some heat in the daytime
watersetup_02.jpg

also use it this way without the IGT setup
watersetup_01.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
did a stainless chafing dish/pan one for a bit then gave up with it being inset as I preferred to leave the IGT cooking prep only
just preference :)
Also they are super cheap :)

just put the stainless dish on the burner to heat up the water origin of that came from someone else here at one point ? And it sets on the stove when cleaning then goes away super easy

also have a plastic bin still and use it some here is a older shot of my water setup
I can move this anywhere with the clamp also I prefer the foot pump if my hands are dirty greasy nothing touches handles so easy cleanup just press the bulb with foot and great flow control
the black gets some heat in the daytime
watersetup_02.jpg

also use it this way without the IGT setup
watersetup_01.jpg

Is that a foot pump? Pretty cool! I will probably do some sort of gravity-fed system on my setup due to having shelf storage above the IGT.

My problem is that I'm really trying to have everything fit into the IGT. A sink module could be used for storage up until it's time to wash dishes...then it would become storage again.

I do not want a drain. The closest I've found is a "half food warmer dish" but they aren't quite long enough. I'm going to do some checking to see if anyone will make custom-sized stainless steel pans.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Yeah it’s a primer bulb like you would use for outboard engines etc..... river rafting guides use that setup a lot
also some boats have nice foot pedal style primer pumps in the galley

chafing pans are a touch short so couple holes in the lip and some small tweaking to get them to work as a drop in

worth trying both water setups if ya can I reckon :)
I used to do gravity and switched I use less water this way and again dirty hands don’t touch anything
the pump and hose end of camp go in a small nylon bag to keep the ground dirt isolated from other camp gear
I love love the foot pump system :)

Riptide

Explorer
I found that the problem with using metal for the sink is that it cools off pretty quick. Plus, the bigger the sink, the more water it takes to fill it to any depth.

I use a small IKEA tub/container, and fitted it to an IKEA cutting board one IGT unit in size. Works great, and about 20 bucks total.

spikemd

Explorer
Bought the scissor and knife set. Very sharp! I washed it, was drying it when a cat jumped on the counter and startled me, dropped the knife, it landed straight up and impaled my forearm. Was so sharp, didn't barely feel it. Used some dermabond to close it but probably needed a few stitches. Reminder to always handle with care!

20191219_155326.jpg20191219_162219.jpg20191219_155237.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
Yes, the oven fits perfectly over the double bbq. Gets really hot and does an awesome job cooking pizza. I prefer the raw dough picked up at Trader Joe's or grocery but the preformed dough works fine as well. Use lots of corn meal to keep the pizza mobile and watch it closely. Cooks in just a few minutes.

I also bought the new single burner which works great in IGT having the recessed burner.

Lennart

Adventurer
Bought the scissor and knife set. Very sharp! I washed it, was drying it when a cat jumped on the counter and startled me, dropped the knife, it landed straight up and impaled my forearm. Was so sharp, didn't barely feel it. Used some dermabond to close it but probably needed a few stitches. Reminder to always handle with care!

That will make a nice battle scar ;)
You will tell your grandchildren it is a souvernir from when a group of thugs came to steal your SP gear but you changed their minds.... :cool:
I have the set and love the scissors but am not a fan of the knife because it has a pointy heel (and I don't care for that). As you have shown the other end is pretty pointy as well.

DesertSand05

Observer
Is there a best "bang for you buck" IGT starter kit out there?

I have been slowly buying snow peak stuff over the years and now feel that carrying an IGT frame and legs would be more more efficient than a fill blown table. Currently. I have a partner steel stove, Snow peak field oven, and a snow peak giga power li stove with the IGT connector. I'd like a setup that could run up of those at the same time. I don't need a ton of room for people to eat, just want something to keep the cooking gear at a good working height.

What IGT stuff should I be looking for if I am looking for a portable cooking table setup?

Lennart

Adventurer
3 or 4 unit IGT frame, 6x80 cm legs, 2x60 cm legs, 2 IGT height adjusters, 1x extension table long, one corner L or R, IGT connection hooks 1 set
That will give you a lot of options. Cook high and high workspace or 'bar area'. Cook high, sit at the extension table. All either in a line or using the corner, height adjusters or hooks perpendicular.
You could skip the corner and connection hooks and still have a great set with a little less flexibility.

Happy hunting/shopping (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles