Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
So has Drifta kicked Snow Peak to the curb? If so its sad because they made some of the best storage bags for them.

TooGouda

So has Drifta kicked Snow Peak to the curb? If so its sad because they made some of the best storage bags for them.
i think they still make bags and such... the dude has basically cut ties with them a couple years ago and started making his own knock offs and custom items under the drifta stockton brand. i think all that branded stuff is made in thailand? not sure though. some of it looks legit... some of it looks like cheap knock off stuff though

Lennart

Adventurer
While I have gone back to hand stitching things lately, I used a sewing machine for this. I have a couple of machines i use for leather and a couple for canvas.
406720be75f30d21493bbcd0752b2442.jpg

Wow, that is a nice 'factory' you have there. I am strictly into small projects as I do manual stitching only (I have no machine :giggle: ).
Latest project was a leather idiot string for the beaver mittens I made earlier. Off to Lapland to go skitouring soon ?

YtJpYs.jpg

So sorry, back on topic....I am bringing the SnowPeak Foon and Spork ?
Gotta love the Foon...

6OFWBi.jpg

neilbunn

Has anyone here ordered from Snowpeak.com in the USA but had the items delivered to Canada, and if so, how bad was duty? Shipping is expensive enough, and there are pieces I'm interested in but don't want to choke if the duty shows up and adds another 30% or something.

swrider

Observer
4,099 post so far and this makes #4,100!!!
lol couldn't help it, just found this post and i am about to attempt to go thru it entirely, mainly because i am curious to see how much snow peak has changed since this post began, and secondly, since i have a liking for their items, i want to see what people have bought, used and like.

p.s. i love their stuff, but their prices...

TooGouda

How has the table held up over time? Do you think it was worth the spend? Would you get this again?
I have the stainless MyTable version and have a 1unit stainless tray as the bottom shelf for it and its been quite awesome!
its not a super duty table by any means... but its a solid side table or mini camp table when i want to go light and fast to use a backpacking stove to make coffee after a hike in the parking lot etc.

I use it daily as a bedroom side table normally too

Leothe3rd

Wow great minds think alike. I do the same thing with MyTable - side table in the bedroom next to the Low Beach Chair. And yep the 1Unit is fantastic.

Cayenne-958-TDI

How do y'all clean your Snow Peak gear?
Used our Snow Peak Smoke Meister for the first time, our first time using any smoker. Did a wonderful job with chicken thighs and shaved kohlrabi.
Any suggestions on how to clean it after use? Would prefer to not use a dishwasher as being to harsh. Currently soaking the small parts in Dawn soap.

Last edited:

kalieaire

Observer
How do y'all clean your Snow Peak gear?
Used our Snow Peak Smoke Meister for the first time, our first time using any smoker. Did a wonderful job with chicken thighs and shaved kohlrabi.
Any suggestions on how to clean it after use? Would prefer to not use a dishwasher as being to harsh. Currently soaking the small parts in Dawn soap.

I mean do you need to? Once you bring it up to temp, all the bacteria dies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles