Snow White 2 the 4x4 baja ambulance

Msand

Importer
Hello everyone!

I stared a thread here about a year ago on a UJoint E350 ambo that I converted nick named 'Snow White' and it had over 100k hits, so I thought I would post the progress of Snow White 2, the 4x4 C4500 Medium duty ambulance build that i have going on for a client right now.

The goal for this ambulance was to make a 'GXV turtle camper' without the $200,000+ price tags

Some of the features will include:
-Full heavy duty 4x4 conversion
-Custom stazworks deadlock wheels & 42 Military tires
-Auxiliary 60 gallon fuel tank
-80 gallons of fresh water
- interior shower, with separate bathroom
-Sheelman captain chairs

and so much more.

I hope you enjoy this build just as much as the OG Snow White

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_103220.jpg
    IMG_20190119_103220.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20190119_103323.jpg
    IMG_20190119_103323.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

TNSG

Hello everyone!

I stared a thread here about a year ago on a UJoint E350 ambo that I converted nick named 'Snow White' and it had over 100k hits, so I thought I would post the progress of Snow White 2, the 4x4 C4500 Medium duty ambulance build that i have going on for a client right now.

The goal for this ambulance was to make a 'GXV turtle camper' without the $200,000+ price tags, all set and done including labor my client will be into the ambo for no more than $94,000..

Some of the features will include:
-Full heavy duty 4x4 conversion
-Custom stazworks deadlock wheels & 42 Military tires
-Auxiliary 60 gallon fuel tank
-80 gallons of fresh water
- interior shower, with separate bathroom
-Sheelman captain chairs

and so much more.

I hope you enjoy this build just as much as the OG Snow White

UJoint outta NC?
Been looking at my next overlander. Looking forward to this build and your $$ being spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msand

Importer
UJoint outta NC?
Been looking at my next overlander. Looking forward to this build and your $$ being spent!

This isn't a Ujoint 4x4 conversion, it was as simple as swapping the drivetrain from a 4x4 c4500.. 4x4 conversion set and done for under $10,000

TNSG

This isn't a Ujoint 4x4 conversion, it was as simple as swapping the drivetrain from a 4x4 c4500.. 4x4 conversion set and done for under $10,000

Sorry, meant the 1st one.

Msand

Importer
Can't wait to see the new one, should be great with the extra interior height!

Have a link to the white ambo build thread, looks good.

It has disappeared, I may have accidentally deleted it..

Last edited:

Msand

Importer
If there are any stock parts that you guys would like let me know, all doors and cabinets are free. Electrical will cost money, and the generator will cost money- only like $50-100..

Msand

Importer
I almost have the interior ripped out, so im going to go over some of the interior building techniques that will be used for this expedition vehicle.

INTERIOR CARPENTRY
For this build on the interior, everything is going to be focused on light weight marine composites. By doing so I can drastically reduce the weight, which allows me to add larger holding and fuel tanks that will still keep it under the factory weight as an ambulance.

Inorder to build lightweight vehicles I always use Tricel Honeycomb sheets, they take 3 times as long to work with, but are an excellent weight saver and if you score the panels with a saw you can bend them to create curved edges. Tricel is used in many different applications, but as far as I know, I am the only one using it in expedition vehicle applications in the USA- If some of these top expedition vehicle builders used this material, their interiors would be stronger and more lightweight- Starboard is another excellent lightweight composite to work with. Here is a basic layout we've designed
IMG-20181225-WA0001.jpgIMG-20181225-WA0000.jpg

WINDOWS
The windows will be Tern Overland Euro windows.

FASTENING
For fastening the tricel, I have to cut a saw hole in the backing of the cabinets, and fill them with epoxy, which when hardened allows you to screw through and fasten it to the frame of the vehicle. Injecting epoxy resin into the honeycomb sheet gives it great holding strength.

WALLS

The walls on this build will be made from 1/4" star board 4x8' sheets- water proof, and is extremely strong. You can also apply veneers to the faces, and the starboard cuts and routes just like regular plywood.

FLOOR

Marine composite flooring will be used, other good options are life proof floors, which are made out of a composite, are rubber backed and have excellent waterproofing.

GivanNYC

Hi. Did you did it yourself? How long did it take?
can you share the parts you used and description of the process? I will like to do it too. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior