So you want to build a Wedge Camper?

Ke4640

Thanks for the nice build report.

Where does the water go that runs down the tent fabric when open?

Currently, as it sits. It would get into the tent. But we live in California and it won’t rain here till December. When the weather hits, I am taking the camper off and redoing the fabric. It will have a “rain skirt” type of flap that will come from the tent and overlap the 80/20. Thus allowing the rain to go off the side.

tacofriday

w/ a 1.5" thread on 3299, doesnt that mean you're only going through 1 wall of your 1.5" steel square tube + the 1/4" 3" flatbar?

Ke4640

w/ a 1.5" thread on 3299, doesnt that mean you're only going through 1 wall of your 1.5" steel square tube + the 1/4" 3" flatbar?

Yes it does. I had to drill holes in the bottom half of the square tubing to inset the nut that holds the 80/20 down.

Boots556

Late to the party but if my skamper deal falls through I've made my mind up that I'll build something similar. Thanks for the awesome right up. Even found you on IG.

I might've overlooked it, but did you use corner brackets to connect the extrusions?

B Skamper

Late to the party but if my skamper deal falls through I've made my mind up that I'll build something similar. Thanks for the awesome right up. Even found you on IG.

I might've overlooked it, but did you use corner brackets to connect the extrusions?

euro58vw

Great build thanks for photos. Perhaps I missed it, but did you ever weigh your setup? And the rear window on the camper, where did you find that?

Last edited:

ITTOG

Great job and thanks for sharing the details. I noticed you mitered the corners of the 8020 frame. When using the internal miter connectors, did you have to drill the holes in the 8020 yourself? If yes, did they provide a jig or drawings so you know what size to drill and the appropriate dimensions?

I can't thank you enough for this detailed build. I like how you have a roof top tent build hidden in there for someone who just wants to build that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles