SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Gtboosted

Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning and treating the interior cabin wood?

I just bought a used trailer and dropped it off at the shop for a few upgrades. The side walls also had some lacquer checking that I am getting fixed. I think it's very important to have ventilation to prolong the lacquers life. If you get condensation I would get a microfiber towel and dry it as soon as you wake up instead of letting it naturally dry.

As for cleaning...if I understood correctly, Gabe at SoCal told me to use pledge. I wonder if theres a cleaner and sealer for lacquered table tops that can clean and protect at the same time.

Even though I bought mine used I want to extend its life as long as possible. Cant afford a new one.

tctundra

If anyone in NorCal wants an AC unit for their SoCal trailer, I have one. I pulled it out of my trailer after 2 years, realized that where we travel, there is just no need. If you're in the desert, it might be important to you. Retrofitting this to your trailer will require some ingenuity, since you won't have the custom tongue box mine was in (I had to make some modifications to the box to get the unit out - SoCal for some reason built the box AROUND the AC unit, with zero ability to remove the unit, even for service). Requires a generator or shore power, or a seriously large battery/inverter setup.

Here's the deal - it's in my basement, I don't have any photos right now - but it's basically new. We never used it. I'll give it to anyone in the north bay who owns a SoCal (bring pics) and all I ask in exchange is a nice bottle of Bourbon!

I'm in the North Bay, 30 minutes north of SF.

Last edited:

Gtboosted

Firestone Destination AT 31/10.5R15 LT

What size ARB fridge do you have? I have a water system too and want to get a fridge. Seems like the pump gets in the way and limits the depth of the slide or fridge.

Also, I would be interested in the AC since I am in SoCal and it gets hot...But then again it's also a problem since it means I'm far from you :(

Nice of you to offer it up!

Last edited:

wiredinoc

Back from another great trip to Joshua Tree. I'm heavily involved in Indian Princess, and Adventure Guides with both my son and daughter. In the last year my family has had our rig out 32 times. Absolutely love it. Best experience ever. Dropped it off at SCT on the way back today (Sunday). Becky and Gabe took the time to unlock the shop chat about some upgrades. Adding hot water with a custom setup, grab bars on the hatch for easier closing, annual inspection and some other nick nacks. Best purchase ever. Kids will remember these days for a lifetime!

Attachments

• 2019-03-29 13.25.10.jpg
    2019-03-29 13.25.10.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 131
  • 2019-03-30 19.46.18.jpg
    2019-03-30 19.46.18.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 124

cneithardt

We added a policy under our Auto (attached to our tow vehicle) to cover collision and comprehensive loss (even when not being towed). $250 deductable for each.

Value was purchase price.

We pay ~ $20 a month.

No Ma

Wonderer
What size ARB fridge do you have? I have a water system too and want to get a fridge. Seems like the pump gets in the way and limits the depth of the slide or fridge.
Don't know which model yours is, or the galley layout. We had an XS510 built with an ARB 82 quart fridge installed. SoCal relocated the water pump to the passenger side of the fridge compartment to make room for it. There are definitely options.

credrup

First time post....I have a 2016 XS510, I love it. However I have never been able to get the shower to work correctly in any type of cold weather. The (3) flame lights that are supposed to light up when the pilot light is on, due not light up. But when I am anyplace in warm weather the shower works fine. I know propane is sensitive to cold weather so I keep the propane in a warm location. Has anyone else had this issue?

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
First time post....I have a 2016 XS510, I love it. However I have never been able to get the shower to work correctly in any type of cold weather. The (3) flame lights that are supposed to light up when the pilot light is on, due not light up. But when I am anyplace in warm weather the shower works fine. I know propane is sensitive to cold weather so I keep the propane in a warm location. Has anyone else had this issue?
The Eccotemp L5? Propane doesn't care that much about outside temp, mine runs fine below 32*F. The heater is sensitive to wind (safety feature) which can prevent ignition. Check out page 13 of the user manual for some troubleshooting tips: https://support.eccotemp.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360009206394/English-L5-Manual-web.pdf

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
I forgot I made a prototype interior lock for my 510 last year until Gabe Pari (owner of SoCal) found my YouTube video and emailed me asking about it. Thought I'd share here. Pretty simple and works well. I told Gabe with better tools (his shop!) I'm sure it could be much nicer. Maybe he'll make some and I can buy them!

kuvtsiskay

I'm really happy with them. Ordered a "custom" RV kit here: https://blackoutez.com/RV-Window-Cover

Width: 20.25"
Length: 18.375"
Radius: 3.5"

Not the cheapest but easier than trying to source all the materials. I'm thinking about ordering a 16" square to cover the Fantastic Fan, that thing lets a ton of light in...and sometimes I just wanna pretend it's not 7am yet! Lol

Does anyone know if both windows are the same size across all models? I am planning to order a set of the window covers too. Thanks.

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Does anyone know if both windows are the same size across all models? I am planning to order a set of the window covers too. Thanks.
I know my 2015 510 and my friend's 2018 510 have slight differences. The window frame on the 2018 looks thicker, the overall size of the windows appear similar though. Not sure about other models. It'd be best to measure either way.

kuvtsiskay

I know my 2015 510 and my friend's 2018 510 have slight differences. The window frame on the 2018 looks thicker, the overall size of the windows appear similar though. Not sure about other models. It'd be best to measure either way.

I see. I'm schedule to pick up my trailer on Tuesday so i'll measure when I get it. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles