SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

No Ma

Wonderer
Haven't seen any on our 510xs (delivered June 2017). But we're in Colorado and it's very dry here. After a few years, we had rust on the mesh of a Gobi rack on our jeep. The Gobi racks are extremely well made, but lots of powder coated mesh offers a lot of opportunities for rust. About the only powder coated item I've ever owned that hasn't developed any rust is our Schrockworks front bumper. Took forever to get it once we ordered it, but has the smoothest, most bulletproof finish I've seen. It's a real beast.

I keep a can of matte black Rustoleum around for rusty spots...

cactusjk

Explorer
Thanks. Pretty dry here in CA and we have only had the trailer for 6 months. I am good with the Rustoleum but it is very hard to get some of the spots on the underside of the roof basket.

No Ma

Wonderer
Could be light spots in the powdercoat itself. I've had that on a few things over time. If it's bad enough you could have the rack cleaned up and recoated. I wonder what Line-X or something similar would be like on a rack like that? Might be worth checking with your builder on the rust.

cactusjk

Explorer
I think there is enough to justify going back to the builder and getting it fixed. I really think it is a bad powdercoating job.

cdcsf

I’ve had mine about 7 months here in Northern CA. No rust spots on the frame, rack or front cage floor. I agree that you should call the builder.

wiredinoc

Hi All - taking delivery this coming week of an XS on 37's! The teardrop will have a James Baroud grand raid xxl tent on top.

I need to find a cover for the whole thing as it will be stored outside. Any recommendations? I think I'm looking at a custom cover...

Thanks!

frq flyr

Observer
Congrats on your new SoCal teardrop!

Where is your first adventure?

Re cover, I wonder if airstream makes a cover for the base camp or Bambi? I think similar in shape/size?

4runnerteq

Explorer
Hi All - taking delivery this coming week of an XS on 37's! The teardrop will have a James Baroud grand raid xxl tent on top.

I need to find a cover for the whole thing as it will be stored outside. Any recommendations? I think I'm looking at a custom cover...

Thanks!

Congrats. Love ours

wiredinoc

Thanks for the cover recommendation - I was just quoted $500 for a custom made job.

I have a 11x30 dirt pad at a close by rental property. Who made your tent/car port?

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516

Thanks!

Congrats! I happen to know of someone else who recently took delivery of a 510 on 37s. They look incredible with that tire. Shame I have a Tacoma with 33s. First world problems I guess! Lol

I noticed SoCal offers a cover, https://www.socalteardrops.com/parts.php?cid=8&pid=122. Don't know anything about it, though.

Anyone else headed to EJS? We'll be bringing two 510s, my baby 33s and another 510 on 37s.

cactusjk

Explorer
Congrats! I happen to know of someone else who recently took delivery of a 510 on 37s. They look incredible with that tire. Shame I have a Tacoma with 33s. First world problems I guess! Lol

I noticed SoCal offers a cover, https://www.socalteardrops.com/parts.php?cid=8&pid=122. Don't know anything about it, though.

Anyone else headed to EJS? We'll be bringing two 510s, my baby 33s and another 510 on 37s.

Have never seen that cover on their main site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online