Software Storage Solution…kinda

skijunkie

For a few years I’ve been using my home grown android app to keep track of where everything is located in my camper. I often time had trouble finding things I knew were in my camper somewhere.

I recently cleaned it up and and uploaded it to the android play app store in case others might find it useful. It is completely free, requires no account creation, and does no kind of user tracking. Just giving back to the overland community. It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s helpful to me anyway. ?

5A085143-DAD6-4C9B-B3BD-487223919F33.png

Attachments

• 8EA96937-2DD4-470C-9EC9-ED7D8664DA29.png
    8EA96937-2DD4-470C-9EC9-ED7D8664DA29.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 19

broncot

Looks like this could be handy for my living camper and my off road camper, thanks for the app!

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

grizzlypath

Honestly seems like it could be used to inventory what is in labeled/numbered storage bins in a garage or something too. Very cool, thanks for sharing!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Very cool indeed and thanks for sharing it. I cant see myself really using it but great idea.

I can easily see how this could help anyone with anything organization related. My wife would go ape ******* for this in the pantry lol

skijunkie

@grizzlypath Yes, you can create and manage multiple location (House, camper, garage, etc). I keep a house location to remember where things are that I use less than once a year. Like where I last left the graphite to unstick the front door lock.

@broncot Hope it helps you find what’s in all your camper cubbies.

@ITTOG Let me know how it works out.

@SDDiver5 It works for pantries for sure.

ITTOG

@grizzlypath Yes, you can create and manage multiple location (House, camper, garage, etc). I keep a house location to remember where things are that I use less than once a year. Like where I last left the graphite to unstick the front door lock.

@broncot Hope it helps you find what’s in all your camper cubbies.

@ITTOG Let me know how it works out.

@SDDiver5 It works for pantries for sure.
I haven't set it up enough to fully test it but it has helped already. I sometimes have issues remembering where towing equipment is stored. Is it in the garage or in a bin in the back of my truck. The other day I needed a five pin to four pin converter for a neighbor's trailer and I was able to use the app to let me know that it is in the garage and which bin it is in. It will become even more valuable when I finish building my slide in truck camper and begin keeping some of my camping items in it, instead of in the garage. My expectation is the app will make packing easier and quicker. Eventually, it will begin helping with quantities of items, for instance how many soft shackles I have.

PS We do need to work on the categories/images. I would like one added that is titled "Tie Down Equipment", or something similar. That would include things like ratchet straps, rope, carabiner's, etc.

Last edited:

taugust

Adventurer
Just found this, and Google says it's for a previous version of Android. Is there any chance of an update for the newer OS?

taugust

Adventurer
Just found this, and Google says it's for a previous version of Android. Is there any chance of an update for the newer OS?
I had trouble finding this in the Play store with a search, but I tried again using the link above, and this time I was able to install it. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz