SOLD 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia, High top, Subaru 2.2L motor, Lifted

micklongley

Observer
Now asking $9,500 obo
I am putting my beloved 1984 VW Vanagon Westfalia up for sale. I swapped a Subaru 2.2 Ltr motor in place of the original and it has been a fantastic runner for the past 2 years with nearly double the horsepower and great gas mileage. Other major upgrades have been the high roof (Fiberine high-top, not Adventurewagen, but similar) with a small safari rack, a small lift, larger tires (27x8x14 all-terrains) with two spares, a solar battery setup, and limo tint for privacy. Being a Westfalia it comes with the complete kitchen and cabinet setup with an operating cooler, stove top, and sink with running water and an upgraded faucet. This van has been incredible to me and I was planning to drive it to South America this coming winter, but a growing family makes it necessary to have a different vehicle - I will be sad to see it go!

For the expedition crowd (of which I am a part ofcourse!) here is a list of some of the options of the Westfalia, as well as some of my upgrades:
Small lift
27X8.5X14 all terrains with TWO spares, can air these down really well.
Swing out tire carrier
Simple hi-lift mount on bumper
Rear tow hooks, one on front - but would upgrade
13 Gallon onboard water tank
Built in kitchen, including cooler (which runs on propane, 12V, or 110V), dual stovetop, sink and running water with faucet.
Built in 3LB Propane tank
40 Watts of solar module with charge controller and 85 amp hour house battery with solar lighting installed.
High-top which anyone 6'3" can stand up with no problem, or hunching over!
Sleeps 4 adults, or 2 with a great amount of storage up top
Being 2 wheel drive it does surprisingly well offroad - momentum and line are key

The paint job is pretty wild and not for most, but I will offer to repaint it white for the new owner if they like. The chassis has nearly 260,000 miles on it and the motor at around 110,000. I have a complete record of parts replaced for the motor and chassis since I've owned it - and I've done a lot of work! It recently received new tie rods, brake discs in the front, and front wheel bearings.

Shoot me an email, text, or call and I'd be happy to answer any questions or set up a time for inspection. Below are some pictures to show the condition of this amazing vehicle but I have a ton more - so follow the link below.

Here is my photobucket album in which I have a ton of photos and descriptions: http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/micklongley1/Westy%20for%20sale/

Youtube video of the motor running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnM-TANARc

I live in Durango, CO (Southwest) and would be happy to schedule a showing of it if you're in the area, or post more videos detailed certain areas.

Thanks!
Mick 970-779-0101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************970-779-0101******end_of_the_skype_highlighting Text, call, or email me
micklongley@gmail.com

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 664
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 610
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 1,461
Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I'm sure you have posted it there already, but make sure it is on the Samba as well.

Great looking Van.

micklongley

Observer
$11,000 obo is the new price

No luck with the sale as of yet, so I'm lowering the price to $11k obo. Also, thanks for the input on posting at TheSamba, great resource for all VW related things!

Mick

micklongley

Observer
New Price! $9999

Alright, no one has pulled the trigger on my van so I'm lowering the price again. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

Thanks,
Mick

micklongley

Observer
Sold! $9200

Well, my beauty finally sold and is going to make a mountain gal very happy - she drove directly to Moab after buying it!

Mick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles