SOLD: 1996 Ford E350 7.3 Powerstroke Adventure Ambulance 18,900

Pangle

Wanderer

Well the wife and I have finally decided to move back to Hawaii so my latest and maybe last ambulance project is for sale. The ambulance is located in northern VA but there is a chance it could be delivered to the west coast.

dropped 3/14/ to 18,900

1996 E350 7.3 2wd 113k miles. I typically will only buy 4x4 rigs but this one was so clean I had to buy it. I also was going to do a UJOR conversion but doing that in the winter on jack stands in my driveway lost its appeal. It is a good candidate for a UJOR conversion.

The interior is really nicely done in my opinion: It has 3 major thing i look for in my ambos. Side window, pass through cab, and Speakers in the rear box...

Genuine white subway tile secured with Liquid Nails so the wont fall off.
whytner 47 qt chest fridge freezer
gray tone laminate floors
custom cushions for "couch" bed.
200 watt Renogy solar hooked to chassis batteries with quick disconnect
Alpine head unit with bluetooth connectivity, so when you connect your phone or ipad you can watch movies and the sound comes through the whole ambo
Flat screen smart tv with HDTV powered antenna for the times you just wanna chill out and watch a movie. Its mounted on a 180 degree swivel mount so you can view it from outside tailgate style, or anywhere inside.
Instant hot water shower with 12 gal of water

ALSO SELLING 2000 LAND CRUISER $4500 380K MILES DAILY DRIVER EXTENSIVE PPWK RECENT TIMING BELT

Hand pump and faucet with sink connected to separate 7 gal tank
30lb propane tank to run the hot water shower and my buddy heater
brand new 7 pin tow plug and wiring.
Monstaliner "get hammered" on the exterior. I usually paint the whole rig but I decided to do something different.

more im sure im forgetting... anyway it runs and drives great. I do like the ride and maneuverability of the 2wd as well as the extended range.

Attachments

• IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_6247.JPG
    IMG_6247.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 469
  • IMG_6248.JPG
    IMG_6248.JPG
    987.8 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

Pangle

Wanderer
Yeah I know! Gonna miss my little projects! I have honestly thought about shipping it over and using for Air BnB. One guy over there is renting his Pathfinder with a ground tent for 150$ a Day!!

Deshet

Adventurer

Well the wife and I have finally decided to move back to Hawaii so my latest and maybe last ambulance project is for sale. The ambulance is located in northern VA but there is a chance it could be delivered to the west coast.

Asking 19,500

1996 E350 7.3 2wd 113k miles. I typically will only buy 4x4 rigs but this one was so clean I had to buy it. I also was going to do a UJOR conversion but doing that in the winter on jack stands in my driveway lost its appeal. It is a good candidate for a UJOR conversion.

The interior is really nicely done in my opinion: It has 3 major thing i look for in my ambos. Side window, pass through cab, and Speakers in the rear box...

Genuine white subway tile secured with Liquid Nails so the wont fall off.
whytner 47 qt chest fridge freezer
gray tone laminate floors
custom cushions for "couch" bed.
200 watt Renogy solar hooked to chassis batteries with quick disconnect
Alpine head unit with bluetooth connectivity, so when you connect your phone or ipad you can watch movies and the sound comes through the whole ambo
Flat screen smart tv with HDTV powered antenna for the times you just wanna chill out and watch a movie. Its mounted on a 180 degree swivel mount so you can view it from outside tailgate style, or anywhere inside.
Instant hot water shower with 12 gal of water

ALSO SELLING 2000 LAND CRUISER $4500 380K MILES DAILY DRIVER EXTENSIVE PPWK RECENT TIMING BELT

Hand pump and faucet with sink connected to separate 7 gal tank
30lb propane tank to run the hot water shower and my buddy heater
brand new 7 pin tow plug and wiring.
Monstaliner "get hammered" on the exterior. I usually paint the whole rig but I decided to do something different.

more im sure im forgetting... anyway it runs and drives great. I do like the ride and maneuverability of the 2wd as well as the extended range.

I stole all of your pictures. The interior looks nice. Have you considered posting a lessons learned post based on your previous build experience? I plan on starting the C4500 soon and hope that it will be a one and done build.

I like the external shower pictures, although that appears to be a different ambulance. Do you have hot water inside also and does it have propane heat?

Thanks

Pangle

Wanderer
Hahaha Help yourself! I have done a few different styles of interior fit out.

My main philosophy with all of my ambo builds has been to use what I could of the ambulance construction/fitment that is already there. Sure I could gut the whole thing and make it a custom, top to bottom build. But I am NOT a professional carpenter, and could never match or improve on what was already there with a gut job. The interior cabinets etc, are so well built I just keep it and modify what I can to make it work they way I want. Each build i would do something different, that i have not done before.

I have done an external shower in three of the ambos including this latest one. I use the ecotemp brand and they seem to work very well. In the tan ambulance I made a custom hose set up which could be inserted into individual 6 gal water tanks to supply to the shower. I use a pump with an automatic shut off once it builds up to pressure, so it only kicks on when the shower is used. Also have a switch on the shower head to stop the flow is crucial in saving water. You turn on the head to shower yourself down so you can lather up and not use much water. Flip the switch off and the pump builds the system back up to pressure for the next time you turn the switch. IF you were to just leave it on the pump will work that way also, but you will burn through 6 gallons of water on full blast in less than 2 min.

I did the system with 2 smaller 6 gallon tanks so you could remove them from the ambo and fill them, rather than having to find a hose somewhere to fill up a larger tank situated inside the ambo. This also allows you to be able to fill the tank in a creek or stream when you are remote camped, so you can use the creek water to shower.

The shower is an instant hot and it works really well. 4 D batteries power the ignition in the shower, or you can leave it off and use ambient temp water. I have a 30lb propane tank in the cabinet which feeds the shower, or my mr buddy inside. The shower head has a long lead on it so you can feed it inside through an interior cabinet compartment to have the hot water inside if need be, but I have a separate 7 gal tank which feeds a single faucet with hand pump over a small sink.

let me know if you want anymore details!

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
I too also look for a window and door pass through. I always wanted to convert a box ambo. Fseries. I never thought about the speakers but makes total sense!

Good luck buddy

Heavyopp

Observer
Do you have any pictures of the cab? What is your time frame- how long before you go to Hawaii?

How about the rear doors — Do they open wide enough for an ATV to get inside?

Pangle

Wanderer
Sure I can get some pics of the cab, its in really great shape. Time frame is two months or so. And yes they open all the way to the ambulance box which is wide enough to get an atv in. I used to put in my 660 grizz in one of my other ambos.

Heavyopp

Observer
What zip code are you in? I’m in Jersey I’d like to see how far you are — maybe plan a drive into VA to check it out

I’ve always wanted to build an ambulance RV the reality of me actually doing it gets further and further away as I get older — maybe it’s time to just buy one already done

Pangle

Wanderer
Hey @Heavyopp My zip code is 20175 which is leesburg VA. Should be no more than 5 hrs from ya. Thats always the trade off, build one or buy one. I just happen to enjoy the build process.

Let me know if you decide you wanna make a trip down.

Steve 703-470-8400

Pangle

Wanderer
here ya go

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_695.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_695.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 261
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_696.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_696.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 56512034495__FF3D8741-5A2D-4906-9567-10B8EFF5D720.JPG
    56512034495__FF3D8741-5A2D-4906-9567-10B8EFF5D720.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 244
  • 56598742447__79846A9B-4660-4597-839A-128B7453465D.JPG
    56598742447__79846A9B-4660-4597-839A-128B7453465D.JPG
    776.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 56598981205__13C6CA57-2627-4615-AF5D-969FDDB3ADA7.JPG
    56598981205__13C6CA57-2627-4615-AF5D-969FDDB3ADA7.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 257

Pangle

Wanderer
Sorry everyone, I was away in hawaii getting things together there. I will get some Cab pics. I will say that it is very clean and one of the reasons I bought this ambo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles