SOLD 2004 Fuso FG w E/C Wheels, ATW Suspension, Flatbed,74K miles

dtruzinski

Explorer
If you have been following my posts, you will realize that I bought a 2007 Fuso and moved my camper from the 2004 to the 2007. This truck was originally FusoFG's and was an expo rig from day one. No plow use or heavy commercial use. It has <74K original miles and has never been in an accident.

Standard on the truck:

4 cylinder 3.9L turbo diesel
5 sp manual transmisstion (5:38 : 1 low gear)
5:71 gears with Posi in the rear
Fuso suspension driver's seat
Power windows
Power door locks
A/C
Stereo (new)
Block heater
4x4 with 2 speed transfer case (2:1)
Exhaust brake that is so powerful you will seldom need the brakes

Truck Specs

Max GVWR 14050 lbs
Payload 8515
Wheelbase 133"
Usable Cab to Axle 107"
Overall Length 217"

Added to the truck

National Air passenger seat
ATW parabolic leaf spring suspension (1 yr old) with Big Bore shocks
Earthcruiser 16" Alum wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 315's (<4k miles)
Protect 10' with a tool shed next to the cab.

Drop a camper between the tool boxes and GO! Or better yet, take this to Earthcruiser in Bend Oregon and have it converted to a world travel ready Earthcruiser. No ULSD and No DEF requirements. There are very few of these in this condition and even fewer (if any) with the suspension and wheel mods.

Price is $32,000 and will consider part or full trade.

*updated Jan 29, 2016
*updated Feb 4, 2016 more details better description of the truck

IMG_4655.jpgIMG_4653.jpgIMG_4656.jpgIMG_4659.jpg

Last edited:

EuroJoe

Adventurer
I love the look of the cab over trucks, just curious were these ever available in the US with the crew cab and 4x4? GLWS

AdventureDave82

Just saw your ad. I had just discovered the Fuso as a possible platform and ATW (you do mean All Terrain Warriors?) for the suspension mods adders. Do you have the parabolic suspension from ATW? I just joined Expedition Portal when I saw your ad - Help me find the story of the 2004 project so I can read up on this vehicle.
Thanks,
Dave

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Just saw your ad. I had just discovered the Fuso as a possible platform and ATW (you do mean All Terrain Warriors?) for the suspension mods adders. Do you have the parabolic suspension from ATW? I just joined Expedition Portal when I saw your ad - Help me find the story of the 2004 project so I can read up on this vehicle.
Thanks,
Dave

Welcome to ExPo Dave, here's a start;
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/members/697-FusoFG

I searched FusoFG in Mitsu Heavy Truck and got all of these hits. I don't see any threads he started though;
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4472754

All forum results for FusoFG;
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4472769

Might be the most recent one of his; http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...erience-with-atw-parabolic-springs-on-Fuso-FG

HTH,
Jeremy

dtruzinski

Explorer
Thanks,
Dave

Dave, yes ATW is All Terrain Warriors and these are their parabolic. I bought them and installed them last Fall. Since the springs and wheels, I have put less than 4k miles on the truck. I don't think FusoFG had a build thread, but he was meticulous about the maintenance and care of his rig. He always waited for the temp gauge to move before driving and was religious about 5 minutes of idle after freeway driving. The truck was well cared for and not abused. They had built a custom camper and the total loaded weight was 10k evenly distributed between front and rear.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

dave

dtruzinski

Explorer
What kind of camper set up did you have on this fuso?

It was a custom built box 13' long 7' wide. It had fixed rear mount and front pivot. Pic with camper on 2004 and flatbed on 2007. Now they are swapped and the 2004 has the flatbed...I will throw in a set of steel 19.5" wheels with m608s mounted (tires in fair condition)..look closely and you will see those are on the 2007 in the pic

IMG_4545.jpg

Last edited:

wase603

if you don't mind me asking. where did you have the box built? i am looking for a fuso project to build a camper. what reason did you go with the 2007?

thank you
will

dtruzinski

Explorer
Box was built by Race Coaches of Milan GA in 2005 under the design of the previous owner. It's a thin walled rectangular steel exoskeleton with sheetmetal siding. The top and floor are metal covered plywood. The only beefy steel is the cross member for the pivot. This camper has been to Alaska throughout Canada and the US. I found 2 areas where the camper frame was cracking and have repaired, so I am very pleased with the construction technique.

2004 vs 2007: The 2004 has better off road setup. It has 5.71 gears compared to the 4.875's in the 2007. Additionally the 04 649's transmission has a 5.38 1st and reverse gear. I don't know what is in the 2007, but it does not seem that low (could be the diff gears making up all of the difference). The reason I changed was I am 6'3" and I while I had plenty of headroom, I always felt cramped in the cab. The 2007 has about 5" more cabin space. Then there is the bigger engine in the 2007. It has a 4.9L vs the 3.9L in the 2004. I was surprised that I didn't see that big of a difference in performance between the two...a mountain pass I was climbing at 40-45mph in the 2004 can now be driven at 50-55mph. So in the final analysis (in my case) it was leg room! That was an expensive lesson.

dtruzinski

Explorer
Hey, 10mph!

For the record, the speed limit is 65mph on that pass for trucks and 75mph for autos...w/o the camper the 2004 will do the pass at 50-55mph! Still not the speed limit for trucks :) If you want to go fast, buy a big American made truck with a diesel engine. If you want the ultimate turning radius and a rig designed to go 300K miles, buy a commercial rig like a Fuso. Also if you need to move more than 3 people, consider the American truck market, as the Fuso's don't import the crew cabs to the US.

I can tell you that I am pre 2008 Fuso Addicted. The pre-2008' are pre ULSD. No DEF, heck you can convert to run on bio diesel. Cab overs are fun to drive...off road it can be a little erie sitting on top of the front axle, but wheel placement is very precise. These have great approach and departure angles. Break over angle is adequate due to the wheelbase. Slap on some super singles and suspension and you have a very capable off road truck. You will get lots of stares and many questions while fueling...it's kind of cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier