SOLD! 2004 Tacoma with 2017 Habitat Camper

Connerv6

@USAF04 You might try filling your brake fluid reservoir to just a little above the full line. Took care of that brake light for my 1st gen when it got cold outside.

USAF04

This is a beautiful truck — what kind of mileage do you get? How about top speed with the 4.88 gears?

Edit — not really concerned with top speed - should have asked what a comfortable highway cruising speed is with the 4.88 gearing

Thank you! It's been a labor of love for 12 years. Hmm...gas mileage has never been a high priority with me! Really taking it easy, I can get 16 or 17 mpg not fully loaded with gear. Fully loaded up, it's more like 13 or 14 mpg.

I'll typically cruise at 70 mph, which equates to approximately 3,000 rpms. Not sure if it could reach 100, but I did actually reach 90 mph unloaded on an open stretch once! The 4.88's really shine at higher elevations and on steep grades since the 3.4 is not really considered a power house. I think they're a good match for the 33" tires.

USAF04

Sale expected around the 20th of Feb...it's a bit of a logistical challenge. I'll update the post accordingly at that time. Thanks!

Charbapolis

If it doesn't work out, I would be interested in the AT Habitat or maybe the whole rig. I am not very far from your location. GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier