SOLD: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU w/ Ursa Minor Top + More

hardwickj

@daddylovesky correct, the garage that installed the tire carrier fabricated a metal plate for attaching the top part of the trail rack to the tire carriers light post. It's literally just a big flat rectangular piece of steel with a hole cut in it for the gas cap to fit through. It's plenty strong enough for the 81L AluBox and its contents. I wouldn't swing on it, but I usually grab ahold of it for support when I'm standing on the rear bumper to pop open the Ursa Minor.

I'm not sure what you mean by adjustable supports?

hardwickj

@daddylovesky it sold for my asking price, which was a pretty good deal for the buyer. For the price it sold as, you'd have a hard time buying a bare-bones Rubicon of equivalent year/mileage and adding an Ursa Minor, let alone a Rubicon with a bunch of quality components added. The buyer got a great deal here. I probably would have asked for more if I lived out west. However, being up in Minneapolis, I had to discount it enough to motivate someone to take the risk of flying up from somewhere likely out west, decide to go ahead with buying, and then driving it back across country. There just aren't many people up here looking for a vehicle like this, nor is there much use for one (up here).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier