*SOLD!* 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road with Custom Camper

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
**TRUCK IS SOLD. CAMPER AND SUBFRAME ARE STILL FOR SALE BUT I WILL START A NEW THREAD FOR THOSE*

I'm selling my 2013 TRD Off Road AC Tacoma with custom camper.

$35,000 $31,000

**I'm willing to sell the camper and subframe (with fenders) separately from the truck. It will bolt directly to any 2nd or 3rd gen (2005-current) long bed (6.5') Tacoma: RC, AC, DCLB. Can be easily bolted to nearly any flat bed truck or trailer - 4 mounting points. $8,000 $6,000

Vancouver WA, USA

PXL_20220717_195007606.jpg

More images below

The truck details:

1 Owner - Me!
122,000 miles - approximate as it is my daily driver
I have ALL receipts for service on this truck as well as a ton of receipts and manuals for accessories
Auto transmission
4.56:1 gears - built by ECGS - fluid replaced in both diffs this summer
255/80 R17 Toyo Open Country AT (all 5) - 3 of these have sidewall cuts - They aren't down to the casing of the tire as far as I can tell
Hypertech speedo recalibrator - with USB cord. You just need a PC laptop to program for tire sizes/gear ratios
Road Ready steel wheels powdercoated grey (all 5) - same dimensions as a toyota 4runner spare
All Pro Expo rear springs (+500lb capacity at 3" lift)
Fox 2.0 rear shocks
Rear braided steel brake lines
Bilstein 5100 front shocks
OME 887 springs
OEM Sway bar - not currently installed but comes with truck
Front Brakes - 5th Gen 4Runner front calipers, rotors, and dust shields
OEM E Locker
Inchworm E Locker guard
Exhaust re-route
Relentless skids - full set (front, mid, transfer case - w/flat belly)
Long Range Automotive 34 gallon fuel tank
US Off Road winch mount
Warn M8000s with hawse fairlead - synthetic rope
Factor 55 flatlink
Custom rock sliders - w/storage trays - using 1 Bored Clerk bolt on frame plates
Powertank stainless propane mount
11lb propane tank
Off Grid engineering second battery mount
Odyssey PC1400 battery
Redarc Manager 30 battery monitor system
2 - Aux fuse blocks - one in cab and one in camper
All marine grade wiring, terminals, sheath, heat shrink, breakers
12V plug by drivers knee
Ram ball mount on drivers A pillar
Ram wireless phone charger on A pillar
Redarc Tow Pro elite trailer brake controller
Husky Floor Liners - front and rear - OEM carpeted mats will go with truck
Truck Lite taillights
Custom rear bumper with recovery points, toyota hitch (GX470), Flip up plate for spare tire access, OEM trailer plug, OEM 110v plug, OEM backup camera in custom 3D printed housing
Engel MT35 fridge
Engel transit mount - no straps, easy to remove
Custom fridge mount behind passenger seat - original passenger rear jump seat will go with truck
Manager 30 display mounted above fridge.
Yakima roof rack with basket and custom wood/epoxy max trax mount.
No factory wiring has been tapped, cut or otherwise modified in any way. All accessories and accessory wiring is a completely separate loom.
No modifications to frame or body except one hole to get the wiring to the manager 30. A proper wiring grommet was used to seal that passthrough .

The camper details:
Custom aluminum camper subframe with fenders and mud flaps
Custom fiberglass camper with aluminum storage boxes
L-track on top, drivers side and rear
Custom roof rack and aluminum awning mount
Alu-Cab shadow awning - 270 degree
Step stool to get into camper - can leave in camper or store in rear aluminum storage box
Interior storage - Grey Man Tactical molle panel with bags
Custom shock cord storage
3 Ram ball mounts
4 USB ports - 2 in each mount
Max Air Fan
8" foam mattress
New sheet
Padded front wall for comfort sitting up
Fuse block in storage box for additional electrical needs
Baja Designs light in storage box
OEM Tacoma body mounts used as camper mounts to isolate the camper from vibration and flex - works awesome and can be easily replaced years down the road if necessary.
Camper panels are honeycomb core fiberglass - very light and stiff.

The vehicle is in great shape. The paint does have pinstriping and a few scrapes. The suspension has some squeaks and creaks. I use this truck off-road but I am careful about how I use and maintain it. The interior is excellent and the camper is also excellent. I have a lot of threads on TacomaWorld documenting the build if you're interested.

I built the camper, sliders, bumper and fridge mount. All have been in service for several years without issue.

There has been a ton of heart and soul put into this truck and it has taken me some very cool places. The camper was built specifically to be tough, light and any condition capable and it has been just that. I'm happy to answer any questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
The factory inverter is as it was. The port is now on the back bumper. My electrical demands are pretty small and all 12v. Ive only ever used that inverter to make sure it works.

And thanks! It's been a really interesting project for me. Learning a lot of new skills and dusting off some old ones. Plus it's always great to actually use your creation that you spent so many hours designing and building.

Last edited:

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Added a note to the top of the first post.

Willing to sell the camper and subframe separately from the truck. If that flexibility is attractive to you, let me know what you want to mount it to and we can talk through that option. Thanks!

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
what is the weight of the camper?
That's a good question. I haven't weighed the truck with camper and I didn't weigh the camper separately. I would estimate the camper and subframe to weigh around 700lbs. But you also lose the weight of the factory bed so it's pretty light overall.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
I reduced the price of the entire package as it's represented in these photos to $31,000. My Ute Bed Flatbed should be here anytime - 1-2 week ETA. Once that shows up, I'm going to pull the camper off the truck. I'm kicking around a few options:

1. Sell the camper, as-is. Sell the truck as-is with ute bed flatbed.
2. Remove the awning from the camper and sell. Remove the entire aux electrical system and refrigerator from truck and sell. Will retain all the off road goodies including the winch and trailer brake controller.
3. Sell everything together - Camper and truck with flatbed. I still have the aluminum mounting blocks to mount on the flatbed. There are some interesting ways to make the camper more easily removable if you want a truck do to truck stuff then install the camper for longer trips.

I'm just working to move my plans forward and am willing to entertain other possibilities. Hit me up if you want to talk about options.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles