SOLD: 2015 4Runner Trail Premium – Apollo From XO – Complete Overland Build - $37k

More photos and a link to the Dropbox for all the gold.

IMG_2441.png

Additional Photos can be found at this Dropbox Link

Attachments

• IMG_2466.png
    IMG_2466.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2462.png
    IMG_2462.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2461.png
    IMG_2461.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2450.png
    IMG_2450.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2434.png
    IMG_2434.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3903.png
    IMG_3903.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_2395.png
    IMG_2395.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2342.png
    IMG_2342.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5070.png
    IMG_5070.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 318

TheNatural

Very nice build! I remember when XO was selling it and I gave it some serious thought; you've really completed the package since then. I'm not really a potential buyer (quite happy with my somewhat similar Tacoma), but I'm curious if you've had it on a scale. Any idea what it weighs?

Very nice build! I remember when XO was selling it and I gave it some serious thought; you've really completed the package since then. I'm not really a potential buyer (quite happy with my somewhat similar Tacoma), but I'm curious if you've had it on a scale. Any idea what it weighs?

Thank you! It's not easy to "out outfit" an XO truck :)

And thank you for the question. As far as weight, I've not had it weighed. But because of the extra weight (from the armor, bumper, kitchen, extra battery, and the larger tires, I had it re-geared to 4.56. It made a world of difference in the ability to accelerate and merge onto the interstate, it also made a nice difference in 4WD low, but it didn't make a huge difference in the RPMs at highway speeds, although they're slightly higher. It runs about 2300 RPMs at 70mph (see photo).

Attachments

• IMG_2342.png
    IMG_2342.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
So clean. So purdy. Like baby wipes were used on the undercarriage.
This is awesome - haha! It rained this morning, so there is a little more rain/road splash up under there than when I got it back from the detail a couple days ago. But I figured it was clean enough.

Last edited:

Jclorenson

Does this come with the rear driver side seat? How difficult would it be to put in the 2 rear seat? I’m interested in your vehicle, any chance your driving close to North Dakota for the trip to PNW?

Does this come with the rear driver side seat? How difficult would it be to put in the 2 rear seat? I’m interested in your vehicle, any chance your driving close to North Dakota for the trip to PNW?
The rear seats are included. I had taken out the 40% side, but have never put the 60% side in since I sleep in the truck. I think you would just need to purchase the bolts to bolt it down. I've put the 40% side back in - you can see it in the photo. You'd have to remove the front section of the Goose Gear platform in order to put the 60% side in. It would't be something you would want to go back and forth on however. So you would lose the use of the sleeping platform unless you could figure out another attachment system that made it easier to go back and forth. The Goose Gear platform is really meant for a long-term install.

The swirls on the seat in the photo below are just light reflections.

IMG_2528.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got a brand new set of 295/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed this morning. They come with certificates of replacement from Discount Tires if anything should happen to them. I am LOVING them. SO quiet! The amazing thing about these tires is that the tread on the bottom is a very road worthy All-Terrain with good road manners, but the sidewalls have an aggressive tread, so not only does that help in snow and/or mud, but if you deflate them, you get a much greater surface for traction off road.

Installed with Certificates was $1400.

Included in purchase. Sorry for the dirt! The weather has been crazy in the South!

IMG_2512.png

IMG_2526.png
IMG_2525.png
IMG_2524.png
IMG_2527.png

Last edited:
I use a 5 gallon Scepter military water can for water - easy to refill by taking it out and putting it back in. No hose needed. You can also get a 10 gallon container for the K9 Eezi Awn rack. People have plumbed those to the back of the rack by the kitchen. As far as hot water, I never needed it. You could get a Road Shower that would solve both those issues if you wanted. I travel often, so I belong to Anytime Fitness and take showers there or stop at friends houses around the country. The rest of the time, I use body towlettes or baby wipes for in between days. There are definitely portable self contained hot shower units if that's what you're thinking about.

Sobrecaminos

2015 4Runner Trail Premium 79k miles (will go up) – Front & Rear Lockers, re-geared to 4.56, 295/70/17 tires, full kitchen, custom Alpine Halo control center. Highly and expertly modified. This may be the most turnkey 4Runner currently available. Huntsville, Alabama

$39,000
$38,500

$38,000

Click Here for lots of photos on Dropbox!:)
Video of the Underside
Exterior Video
Interior without all the accessories

Interior with all of the Accessories installed

Hey everyone - you might recognize this 4Runner as Apollo from Expedition Overland, although it's been updated a bit since she was on the show. Front lockers, re-gearing, larger tires, new wheels, latest tech, new powder coating, refurbished and improved. See below for all of the details.

In the last year, Apollo has been re-geared to 4.56 and now has both front (Harrop) and rear e-lockers, and the electronics have been updated to incorporate the latest tech including a 9-inch front Alpine command center that can control all of the lights (or they can still be controlled via the S-Pod switches) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A ton of comfort features have been added as well. I'm not in a huge hurry to get rid of it, but I'm being pulled by some other new hobbies that are going to require a lot of my time.

I am the third owner of this amazing truck. I purchased it here on Expedition Portal in January of 2019 with 53xxx miles. There are now 79xxx on the odometer, and that will continue to rise slightly. This truck is 100% solid – it runs fantastically. It has only been worked by top tier folks – Toyota dealerships, Expedition Overland, Equipt, OK4WD, East Coast Gear Supply, Rago Fabrication, CBI, etc.

This is a TURNKEY TRUCK - everything from recovery gear, to a MyMedic MyFAK First Aid Kit, to the iPad, to axe and shovel, to the best water jerry can money can buy is included.

Just a note: I travel solo most of time, so I needed to make sure this truck would NOT let me down. I had it looked over by a few experts from tip to toe when I first got it and made sure everything was working 100% before taking off on my adventures. It had to be as bulletproof as possible. I've re-powder coated everything, updated the electronics to allow multiple forms of navigation, I've added additional screens and a computer mount to be able to keep an eye on weather, terrain, traffic, law enforcement, etc. and to have entertainment in the down time. I've added solar inputs and a portable solar panel, and updated the battery charging system to a DC-DC charger by REDARC. I have put a lot of time and energy into this truck, and I would love for someone to get it that will carry on the legacy of this noteworthy vehicle.

Serious inquiries, please contact me with any questions.

Upgrades in Next Post.

View attachment 570902
View attachment 570922
View attachment 570903
View attachment 570912
View attachment 570904
View attachment 571012

View attachment 570905View attachment 570908
Is this rig still available? Do you still have the rear seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members