SOLD FS: 1997 Ford F250 4x4 7.3L Diesel / WVO Conversion + FlipPac (UT)

talltroy

Hey all, it seems that I'm selling my trusty rig. I have nothing but great things to say about this truck. Hasn’t given me any issues, it’s just time to get back into a wagon.

This is the last year of smog-exempt trucks in CA! Save yourself the hassle.

The Great:
- The rig just got detailed and looks like a brand new rig on the inside.
- New flip-up head unit was installed, with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility.
- Has trailer brake controller.
- Rubber driver + passenger floor mats
- Edge CTS2 Gauge Monitor / Tuner (truck has only ever been run stock, never goosed)
- New-ish BF Goodrich A/T tires with ~80% tread left
- FlipPac camper
- Engine block heater
- Powered drivers seat
- Power locks and doors
- Remote start
- Heat blows hot and AC blows cold

The Good
- Almost zero rust. Only exception is a small bit on the fender flare (see pictures)

The Not So Good
- Front bumper is a little cockeyed (see photos). Still made of metal and will bash in any car that dares cut you off
- The oil temp gauge sits low. It reads “accurate” but normal operating temp reads on the colder side of normal. Would be a five minute fix but it never bothered me

It also has a 40gal auxiliary tank in the bed. This can be used for reserve diesel, or can be used to run alternative fuels (waste veggie oil (WVO), straight veggie oil (SVO), transmission oil, etc).

Truck is located in Salt Lake City, UT, but if you live somewhere cool and you're having a good snow year, I'm more than happy to travel to you!

$16,000 OBO

I sometimes am slow at checking ExPo, feel free to shoot me a text at (Four3Five) 9oh1 9oh6one

In case the photos load weird here, check the KSL link - https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5370713

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 509
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 440
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 442
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 384
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 326
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 394
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 315
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

talltroy

More pictures! It's dark and storming in Salt Lake. I'll hopefully have some open FlipPac photos in the next day or two. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any on my computer and the forecast doesn't seem like there will be a break until Saturday at the earliest.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    930.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 117

BajaSurfRig

Can you post some photos of the fip pac open? What condition is the torsion bar/ fiberglass in?

Any photos of the undercarriage?

Has the trans been rebuilt?

talltroy

Can you post some photos of the fip pac open? What condition is the torsion bar/ fiberglass in?

Fiberglass and torsion bar are both in fantastic condition. Had to get a custom hinge bracket fabbed about a year and a half ago. Little bit of rust on the tip of the torsion bar itself, but nothing concerning. Once this storm passes (slated to pass Friday night, clear by Saturday, but who knows, it's been one hell of a winter) I'll grab you some pictures with it open!

Let me grab some undercarriage pictures later today.

Nope, stock trans, hasn't given me any troubles or indications that it needs to be rebuilt soon.

Should have added earlier:
New starter in the fall
New batteries last spring

Double_Eh

You mentioned switching to a wagon. Any interest in trading for a really big wagon? I’ve been looking to get back to a pickup... my 2000 Excursion has a very clean WVO conversion, nearly identical motor, freshly rebuilt tranny, etc... I’m located in Crested Butte. We’re having a pretty solid winter and the skiing options are plentiful. I’d also consider trekking to your neck of the woods.
The Excursion is posted on expo here:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...4-vegetable-oil-conversion-mild-build.199776/

talltroy

Photos!

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    708.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101

talltroy

You mentioned switching to a wagon. Any interest in trading for a really big wagon? I’ve been looking to get back to a pickup... my 2000 Excursion has a very clean WVO conversion, nearly identical motor, freshly rebuilt tranny, etc... I’m located in Crested Butte. We’re having a pretty solid winter and the skiing options are plentiful. I’d also consider trekking to your neck of the woods.
The Excursion is posted on expo here:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...4-vegetable-oil-conversion-mild-build.199776/

I appreciate the offer, and I've been long overdue to make another trip to CB. A close friend is a patroller down there, love the down. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pass. I have my heart set on a small long roof, lifted, with some knobbier tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles