(SOLD)

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Looks like a Tuolumne County Rig :) Twain Harte had the 4x4, so did groveland. Good find

You sure about the hubs? When I zoom in they sure look like manual warns? Didn’t know auto hubs were a thing for the conversion crowd back it 01 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Im building out my Leader built rescue rig. I can attest to the high quality of the build and components. All of it has been top notch. I did remove some built ins on mine to add counter space. But just doing that correctly was a major undertaking. I like this setup.

jlcanterbury

@emtmark good eye! Yes this served up in the Sierra Nevadas when the weather wasn't cooperating ;)

Here's a photo of the switch on the console. This is a great feature, so convenient when you just need 4x4 momentarily.

IMG_4070.jpg

There's this extra line running to the hub that my other 4x4 vans dont have. I believe Salem Kroger used 4x4 components from the F-350, which did have automatic hubs back then.

IMG_4072.jpg

@Jdubucsd the leader build quality is quite impressive! I'm not sure that I've seen a build thread for yours - do you have one?

For this particular layout, I do have an idea of how the floor plan could be set up. A slide/flip out bed to replace the current bench is an easy no-brainer. I would remove a few of the divider panels directly behind the passenger seat, make that into the 'kitchen' There's a ton of empty space under that divider for plumbing, storage, etc. The kitchen would be easily accessible from the open side doors, so just slide the stove out for outdoor cooks. If plumbed, this also puts the sink in a good location to do outdoor showers with a sprayer.

I'm already having second thoughts on selling because it sounds like too much fun to finish this camper out! ☺

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
@emtmark good eye! Yes this served up in the Sierra Nevadas when the weather wasn't cooperating ;)

Here's a photo of the switch on the console. This is a great feature, so convenient when you just need 4x4 momentarily.

View attachment 647203

There's this extra line running to the hub that my other 4x4 vans dont have. I believe Salem Kroger used 4x4 components from the F-350, which did have automatic hubs back then.

View attachment 647204

@Jdubucsd the leader build quality is quite impressive! I'm not sure that I've seen a build thread for yours - do you have one?

For this particular layout, I do have an idea of how the floor plan could be set up. A slide/flip out bed to replace the current bench is an easy no-brainer. I would remove a few of the divider panels directly behind the passenger seat, make that into the 'kitchen' There's a ton of empty space under that divider for plumbing, storage, etc. The kitchen would be easily accessible from the open side doors, so just slide the stove out for outdoor cooks. If plumbed, this also puts the sink in a good location to do outdoor showers with a sprayer.

I'm already having second thoughts on selling because it sounds like too much fun to finish this camper out! ☺

jlcanterbury

Thanks! Ok, now I remember that one, I have definitely seen your build just didn't connect. Really nice work! If someone away from Expo buys this, I'll definitely notify them to check out your build. A lot of what you have gone through would likely be useful info for new owner, the original builds being so similar!~

jlcanterbury

Ok it’s sold now was that A Tuolumne county rig

Yeah it sure was.

Such a cool van, definitely bittersweet to let it drive away. Went to an awesome couple out of Colorado, and I know it will be used for plenty of adventuring, so I'm happy about that.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Lol I’ve been some places and driven some things

How did you pick it up? Private sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne